Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#232818 - 07/09/2004 20:30 Can't access tRio webpanel
josi_ok
stranger

I had webpanel working OK under 0.1.4, but fiddled to get tRio to startup correctly on bootup under Redhat 7.2. Since then, I can't access the webpanel. The browser comes back with
'Problem processing GET: /usr/local/tRio-0.1.5/bin/docs/trio-applet.htm (No such file or directory)'.

Of course, there is no 'docs' directory under 'bin'. Tried adding a link in the 'bin' directory to the 'docs' directory, but then it hangs up looking for the tRio server. Sounds like a path problem, but I'm not sure where to look. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

#232819 - 07/09/2004 22:10 Re: Can't access tRio webpanel [Re: josi_ok]
riocanada

Loc: Ontario, Canada
I had the same issue with SuSE 9.1 and solved it thusly:

Edit the trio.xml file in the /usr/local/trio directory:
- Change
<http-server port="8090"/>
to:
<http-server port="8090" root="usr/local/trio"/>

Note that this assumes that you've put stuff in /usr/local/trio. You should substitute your path if it is different.

#232820 - 08/09/2004 14:14 Re: Can't access tRio webpanel [Re: josi_ok]
josi_ok
stranger

The full path to trio-applet.htm should be /usr/local/tRio/docs/trio-applet.htm, so I put added root="/usr/local/tRio" to my http-server tag.

Now I get
'Problem processing GET: /docs/trio-applet.htm (No such file or directory)'

With /usr/local/tRio as the root, it seems to me that it should see the file. Any other ideas??

#232821 - 08/09/2004 15:50 Re: Can't access tRio webpanel [Re: josi_ok]
riocanada

Try removing the front slash "/" from the path.

Note my example was "usr/local/trio" not "/usr/local/trio"

That should do it.

#232822 - 08/09/2004 19:08 Re: Can't access tRio webpanel [Re: riocanada]
josi_ok
stranger

Got it! Thanks!
Some of the problems I've been having have been related to modifying the trio.xml file. I run 'trio.sh stop', but still some changes seem to magically revert. I'm suspecting maybe there are multiple instances of the trio running, but I'm not sure how to check ('ps -A' shows only a bunch of java processes, but I'm not sure they're tRio.). I was finally able to get the changes to stick by re-booting the machine! Also- do the client receivers all need to be shut down before changing trio.xml?

PaulN- can you clarify this?

Also Paul- Nice job on 0.1.5. The 'LISTEN' mode works much better now- sync's quickly and 100% of the time- with my MP3s (256kbs CBR encoding).

#232823 - 09/09/2004 06:13 Re: Can't access tRio webpanel [Re: josi_ok]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
Yes, the "http root" setting is, at best, confusing - sorry. I've cleaned it up it in v0.1.5_01 that I've just put on sourceforge and you should no longer need to change it. But there's no need to upgrade if it's working for you now. (For reference, you'd specify it as root="/usr/local/trio" in the new version - but you shouldn't need to.)

On the "not stopping" thing, I'd use the following command to see if trio is still running: "ps -ax | grep trio". You shouldn't need to shut the receiver clients down to edit trio.xml - just the tRio server.

I'm glad the Listen mode is working better for you. I very occasionally still have problems with it myself, but I think we're almost there now.

Cheers
Paul

#232824 - 16/09/2004 18:24 Re: Can't access tRio webpanel [Re: pauln]
josi_ok
stranger

I'm still having trouble with the webpanel. It comes up fine, but it has trouble finding the players- sometimes it works, but mostly it either doesn't see the player at all, or it is listed as 'not connected'. The players seem to be working fine otherwise- I can play music, radio, change display settings. Everything else works great- I just can't control or see status from the webpanel. I've even tried shutting down, resetting trio.xml back to the original, and restarting. Still no go.
Any ideas? Thanks-
Hans

#232825 - 19/09/2004 04:57 Re: Can't access tRio webpanel [Re: josi_ok]
pauln
enthusiast

Hans,

The web front-end has only been tested thoroughly on IE running on Windows. In theory it should work as well on other platforms, but reality, as ever, seems to disagree.

I'm off on holiday for 2 weeks now, but when I get back I'll be installing X on my "under the stair cupboard" linux box. That'll allow me to do some debugging under Konqueror.

Cheers
Paul

#232826 - 19/09/2004 13:40 Re: Can't access tRio webpanel [Re: pauln]
riocanada

For what it's worth, it's running for me very well under SuSE Linux 9.1 with Mozilla Firefox. Getting things set up under Linux was more effort than with Windows, but now that it is, it's much more stable and I'm very happy with the whole setup.
I'm sure that I've used Konqueror as well, but it's not my primary Linux browser.

#232827 - 06/10/2004 18:28 Re: Can't access tRio webpanel [Re: riocanada]
josi_ok
stranger

Paul-
I think the problem may be that I had more than one instance of tRio running (if that's possible). I'm not sure how or why, since I always started and stopped the app using trio.sh. I noticed that the receivers kept working after running 'trio.sh stop'
The problem was exasperated by my lack of Linux experience. I couldn't see the process running using 'ps -ax | grep trio'. I traced the problem to the long startup command, which gets truncated on the 80th column by the ps command. Once I added '--cols 120' to the ps command, I saw trio processes.

One more question- when I run, I see 31 PIDs associated with trio. Is that correct? They all disappear when I run 'trio.sh stop'.

Again- thanks for the help.
-hans

#232828 - 06/10/2004 20:18 Re: Can't access tRio webpanel [Re: josi_ok]
pauln
enthusiast

Hans,

On linux I think you see a PID fpr each thread that tRio uses. And tRio uses quite a few of them. So that sounds okay to me.

Cheers
Paul