Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#233788 - 17/09/2004 17:52 Rio Central- Remove internet CDDB lookups for specific albums?
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I've been without broadband at home for about a year now. During that time, I fed several CDs into the Rio Central which needed internet lookups.

Of course, at the time, it could not connect to the internet, so it left them as "artist XX album XX". Then, using Emplode or Jemplode, I went in and hand-corrected those tags.

But now I'm on broadband again, and the player is connected to the internet 100 percent of the time. If I were to go into its internet connection menu right now it would give me an option for "connect to the internet now to retrieve track data (7 albums)?". If I were to select that option now, it would overwrite my carefully hand-edited tags for those albums with clumsily-entered tag data from the public CDDB.

Since I'm on broadband again, I *do* want to be able to use the internet CDDB lookups, because it's useful in the more general sense. But I *don't* want it to try to make any corrections to what's in there right now.

So how can I clear that "cache" of albums-yet-to-be-looked-up? So that it doesn't think there's still any pending lookups. Is there a file I can edit or delete at the shell prompt?

I'm sure I've asked this question before, I just don't remember the answer.

#233789 - 18/09/2004 02:02 Re: Rio Central- Remove internet CDDB lookups for specific albums? [Re: tfabris]
The Central Guy
enthusiast

Loc: San Diego, California USA
Hi Tony,
I think I have an answer for you....I've been copying from my Centrals to my new Empeg player lately. So one feature of jEmplode that you might find very interesting is the "Tools", "Edit Config.ini". Of course, I'm sure that you've used this 1,000 times when connected to your Empeg. But when I was connected to my Central, I tried pulling up the associated config.ini file for it, and was surprised how much information is in there....Here's an excerpt of mine...

[now_playing]
name=Afterlife (Live) (Disc 2)
[cddb]
ids_checked=1
[license]
microsoft=1
[time]
ntp_sync=1
offset=0
[encoding]
bitrate=mp3:bitrate=256
[display]
caching=1
visual_names=1
brightness_off=57
brightness_normal=86
contrast_normal=68
So would you say that the 4th line down is what you're looking for? I don't have CDs waiting to be looked up because I am connected to broadband all the time. So I think if you doctored your config.ini file to match that setting, I would think you'd achieve what you're looking to do...I'd be curious if that works, thanks.

Randy

#233790 - 18/09/2004 04:57 Re: Rio Central- Remove internet CDDB lookups for specific albums? [Re: The Central Guy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Since both your player and mine have a "1" in that place, I don't think it's the value I'm looking for.

#345186 - 17/05/2011 06:30 Re: Rio Central- Remove internet CDDB lookups for specific albums? [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

*bump*

Anyone know the answer to this?