Dunno if this has come up before, but my wish is that Emplode would resolve shortcuts when dropping files/folders, instead of ignoring them (treating them as an invalid file type).

IMHO, this is inconsistent with the Windows UI and should be fixed. (I've never used emptool so I don't know if this behavior also applies to, e.g. Linux symlinks.)

Reasoning: This might be heresy to some, but I don't actually keep most of my albums on my Mk. 2. Instead, I prefer to use my Empeg as a "greatest hits" jukebox. (I have a tonne of CDs and wouldn't be able to fit their ripped contents on my Empeg's drive.)

I've found my favorite way of dealing with music on my PC is to make Windows shortcuts of my favorite tracks -- from a master set of artist/album folders -- and put them into, e.g. best-of-decade folders.

My preferred management scheme would be to be able to update my Empeg with the contents of these "shortcuts to my music" folders. Instead, I have to find and drop my favorite tracks by hand (again) whenever I want to sync. Ah, if only Emplode would treat my shortcuts as .mp3 originals...

Any suggestions? I do keep some .pls playlists around for reference but Emplode doesn't import those, either.

Empeg Mk. 2, blue 18Gb [090000626]. Kenwood KMD-X92 minidisc HU. 2000 VW Passat wagon.
______________ Empeg Mk. 2 #626, 48Gb blue | Kenwood KMD-X92. 2000 VW Passat wagon.