Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#242026 - 20/11/2004 02:47 Seeking talented C++ developer
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
I'd love to hear from any C++ developers who may be interested in working on exciting new embedded projects. Whether you're a guru or just out of college, what counts is that you're smart and able to work closely with the other members of a small team.

The role is UK based, but if you're somewhere else right now why not think about a move to the country of great beer and the BBC?

More info on request!

Rob
[email protected]

#242027 - 04/01/2005 13:21 Re: Seeking talented C++ developer [Re: rob]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
Here's a bit more detail..

Following my company's recent acquisition of Akai Professional, I am building a new software development team* in Cambridge. The team of approximately ten people will develop for our full range of professional audio brands including Numark (www.numark.com), Alesis (www.alesis.com) and Akai Professional (www.akaipro.com).

I have a number of open positions for embedded C++ developers with experience ranging from recent graduate to guru. Your principle contribution would be to help design and develop a sophisticated A/V recording and playback engine which will be central to new products across our brands in the coming months and years. You would develop for pro audio and video platforms with leading edge features, utilising powerful and modern technologies. To this end we are adopting (and adapting) the eXtreme Programming development methodology.

Desirable skills and experience include:

Modern C++ / Templates / Pthreads
Linux Driver and Kernel, especially embedded
GNU tools / Perl / Python
Audio and/or Video systems
Embedded systems / hardware / FPGA VHDL / ARM
Healthy interest in gadgets, especially pro-audio

Every developer will have a private office at our modern central Cambridge site. This would be your space to personalise and enjoy. In addition we will have an open plan suite for collaborative design and implementation activities including pair programming and iteration planning. Our sound room will provide a comprehensive test bed of equipment in an acoustically tuned environment. You will be able to test your project under controlled conditions - or perhaps just check out your latest CD through our Alesis monitors :-)

Your office will be kitted out with a brand new high specification PC running the operating system of your choice (Linux encouraged), with even faster machines in the open plan area. Open source tool chains are adopted whenever feasible, particularly GNU tools. As a new team we aren't tied to legacy systems and are free to adopt modern tools such as Subversion for source control.

As well as a competitive salary we can offer a contributory pension plan and private health insurance. Less tangible benefits include a creative tech-oriented working environment, fair overtime expectations and lots of super cool toys to play with. Our developer-centric processes would provide you with on-site Business and QA representatives as part of the development team, so you can have access to the right people all of the time. In return we would expect you to do your job very, very well - and have fun in the process!

Previous audio or video experience is not essential, but we would expect a flair for development and good team working skills. You should not be averse to taking occasional trips to our other offices in the US and Japan.

We will be interviewing late January - please contact me with a CV via email in the first instance ([email protected]).

Regards

Rob

* For administrative purposes in the UK, the employer is Numark Alesis Europe Ltd.

--
Rob Voisey
Akai Digital Technology Group, Cambridge
[email protected]

#242028 - 04/01/2005 13:51 Re: Seeking talented C++ developer [Re: rob]
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Sounds like a great opportunity (either that, or you've just got a really good pitch). I wish I had the background (never did c++ or Linux programming) to work in that kind of environment. Sounds like this company really understands what an optimal working environment for a software developer is. Good luck finding the right people.