Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#244565 - 22/12/2004 23:01 tRio in Firefox
ukengb

Loc: United Kingdom
Currently trying to get tRio up and running, but it's not proving easy. I'm running tRio on a linux server with remote access from a Mac client. Has anyone any suggestions for the following:-

Firefox (1.0) will not load trio-applet.htm. I just get a blank page with a green border.

IE just complains about hull pointer eception error.

Safari loads it just fine, but after browsing the music for a few minutes (and trying to figure out how to use tRio) the whole thing hung. The Receiver itself AND the web page. I had to restart trio.sh.

I'm thinking the Firefox problem is down to security, but I cannot find anything to adjust that will allow it to work. What settings should I use in Firefox to enable this to work? Am I missing the obvious here (hey, it's late and I'm tired:-)

Any assitance gratefully received.

#244566 - 23/12/2004 06:54 Re: tRio in Firefox [Re: ukengb]
pauln
enthusiast

Loc: UK
IE is the tried-and-tested solution. Please send me the details of the null pointer exception and I'll look into it.

I'm sorry, but I don't have any experience of Firefox or Safari. But given my general dislike of all things microsoft, it'd be good to get it going on Firefox.

The only thing I suggest on the security side is to add the host-name to trio.xml:

<rmi create-registry="true" host-name="xxxx"/>

The xxxx value should be what you type into your firefox address bar (i.e. "server" if you type http://server:8090/...).

Cheers
Paul

#244567 - 23/12/2004 08:10 Re: tRio in Firefox [Re: pauln]
ukengb

Loc: United Kingdom
IE was useless as it just reports an error, Ha.

The mod you suggest had to be done to get Safari working, but I think Firefox has a security issue that I need to track down. Just hoped someone had already done this and save me the hassle:-(

I'll PM you about the other issues.

#244568 - 23/12/2004 16:33 Re: tRio in Firefox [Re: ukengb]
Revwillie
new poster

Quote:

Firefox (1.0) will not load trio-applet.htm. I just get a blank page with a green border.

FF 1.0 in winXP loads the applet fine for me.