Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#244609 - 23/12/2004 12:46 GarageBand.Com
JeffS
carpal tunnel

Loc: Atlanta, GA
Have any of you guys checked out GarageBand.com yet? I think most people there are bands looking for exposure rather than fans looking for new music, however I've already found some good independent music I'd have not found elsewhere (I don't think the market is big for Christian Prog Rock!). The way the charts are determined is MUCH better than mp3.com was (or other similar sites) and most of stuff at the top of the charts is at least worth checking out. I'm not crazy about they way they've got their genres organized, but I've managed to find my way around to some good stuff.

I'm just curious if anyone else has tried looking there for new music.

#244610 - 23/12/2004 14:47 Re: GarageBand.Com [Re: JeffS]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Yeah, that site came out just around the time mp3.com went away. I suggested it to a couple friends of mine who had stuff on mp3.com and got screwed over by CNet's grand new vision for the site. Too bad, too. A firend of mine was the mp3.com most popular blues guitarist in the Hampton Virginia area