Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#246576 - 15/01/2005 19:12 Tmpgenc questions
CrackersMcCheese
pooh-bah

Having gotten back into video editing after about a year away I have a few questions...

If I record video with my PVR-250 card in DVD quality and want to cut out adverts, can I use Tmpgenc MPEG Editor without losing quality? I want to avoid any re-encoding which would result in quality loss. (http://www.pegasys-inc.com/en/product/)

Whats the difference between Tmpgenc and Tmpgenc Plus?

Thanks,

Philip

#246577 - 15/01/2005 21:55 Re: Tmpgenc questions [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
Waterman981
old hand

Loc: Salt Lake City, UT
Quote:
TMPGEnc MPEG Editor is a greatly improved version of the widely used MPEG Tool (included in TMPGEnc Plus 2.5). It has been reworked into a full-featured software offering fast and easy cut-editing with high precision MPEG Smart Rendering. The standard MPEG Tool could only cut on GOPs, which meant rough cut-editing. But with TMPGEnc MPEG Editor and its Smart Rendering function, accurate and precise cut-editing (at frame level!) becomes possible. The Smart Rendering technology included in TMPGEnc MPEG Editor consists in re-encoding only the necessary parts of the video, and not the whole video, allowing smooth cut-editing.

I never used the MPEG Tool in Plus 2.5. I bought TMPGEncPlus a while ago, then tytool came out for TiVo extraction and got to a point where I haven't used TMPGEnc for over a year now.

Quote:
Whats the difference between Tmpgenc and Tmpgenc Plus?

TMPGEnc is the free version, TMPGEnc Plus is the retail version, where the only difference that I remember is Mpeg2 support (trial only on the free version). I don't know if the free version has the MPEG Tool or not.

#040103696 on a shelf
Mk2a - 90 GB - Red - Illuminated buttons

#246578 - 17/01/2005 21:34 Re: Tmpgenc questions [Re: CrackersMcCheese]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I'm not sure if you can do that with MPEG2, but I could be wrong. I think it will do that fine with just MPEG, though.

Waterman is right, Plus just has the full version of MPEG2.