Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#248035 - 30/01/2005 03:08 Rio Taxi and large files?
drakino
carpal tunnel

Anyone know what size file is ok to use with Rio Taxi (2.60 since I can't find a 2.90) before it has issues? I've found that trying to copy large files to or from the Karma seem to jump it to 99% CPU usage with no actual data moving. RMML Taxi function seems to work ok no matter what file size I throw at the Karma, so it seems to be an issue with the Windows program.

Currently I have been carying my MP3 collection back and forth to work as I am reripping it.

Also, any estimates on MSC support? Would be nice to skip the "Store to ZIP file" step to get files on and off the unit.

#248036 - 30/01/2005 06:55 Re: Rio Taxi and large files? [Re: drakino]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
I've found that trying to copy large files to or from the Karma seem to jump it to 99% CPU usage with no actual data moving.

Are you using drag-and-drop, or the Add File/Save As buttons/menu items? It does some extremely freaky things to integrate with Explorer to do the drag-and-drop. The other buttons might work better.

Other than that, I don't know.

#248037 - 30/01/2005 19:20 Re: Rio Taxi and large files? [Re: Roger]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Oh, for the record it is 2.61 build 1 and is being used in this case at home via ethernet.

Clicking the "Add File" button on the toolbar and selecting a file seems to do nothing. Progam remains responsive, but no data transfer occurs. And oddly now, copy/paste or drag and drop is working fine with a file that gave me a problem yesterday. My downloading large files tends to be a problem at work using USB, I'll have to tinker with that a bit more to see exactly where the problem is.