Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#248812 - 09/02/2005 22:04 Time for me to pop out of my hole and look for my shadow again
belezeebub
addict

By now you are getting tired of me, I get a wild hair and sell my empeg then I get XXX then I get bored with that and get an empeg again, Heck I am on my fifth Empeg now and as I sit here trying to make my custom fiberglassed 7" touch screen look good I can't help but think it might be time for Empeg number 6

unless someone has seen a Empeg like player with a full color screen and GPS or cd/dvd playback (not the Ipod adapter or the key please I have already ruled those out)

Suggestions?
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#248813 - 09/02/2005 22:39 Re: Time for me to pop out of my hole and look for my shadow again [Re: belezeebub]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
No, the only full-color GPS/DVD units I've seen don't have hard disks. They're MP3 CD-R only. You're looking at an empeg-plus-GPS/DVD, or an in-car computer.

Even if the MP3-CDR players could play a recordable DVD full of MP3s (I don't know if they do or not), you're only looking at having a small subset of your collection on a given disk (4.7 gigs), so you're still back to swapping CDs, the very thing that the empeg was supposed to fix for you.

#248814 - 10/02/2005 05:24 Re: Time for me to pop out of my hole and look for my shadow again [Re: belezeebub]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Suggestions?

When you buy empeg 6, and subsequently take it out of your car, put it in a box, and put it on the shelf (or use it as an at-home jukebox). That way, you don't have to buy empeg 7.

#248815 - 10/02/2005 13:49 Re: Time for me to pop out of my hole and look for my shadow again [Re: canuckInOR]
belezeebub
addict

I am a heck of a pack rat I still have subs, speakers and Amps from ten years ago I just keep upgrading and adding to the pile.
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/