Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#250350 - 24/02/2005 14:31 Silly little mp3 player
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
A friend pointed this out. FM transmitter plus USB host support plus cigarette lighter-power (plus your USB flash drive) equals a cheap little portable in-car solution.

Of course, the fact that I can't find any web site about it besides the Wal-Mart one doesn't make me feel confident, but, hell, Wal-Mart's pretty good about returns (their slave labor must like opened products). And it's less than $30 anyway.

#250351 - 24/02/2005 15:57 Re: Silly little mp3 player [Re: wfaulk]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I dunno, I'd probably be all over something more like this if it had enough storage.

(Note, this one is a bit more advanced that the last generation of products of its type, read Dan's review. While you're at it, check out the rest of his site, he's pretty cool...)

#250352 - 24/02/2005 17:06 Re: Silly little mp3 player [Re: tfabris]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Yeah, that's pretty cool. I like the fact that it has an MMC slot in it. But you still have to deal with a battery. Someone should figure out a way to harness the spindle to generate power. Or even have an option for a power cable to trail out to the cigarette lighter instead of an audio cable trailing to your audio device.

Still, most people have a USB flash drive they can repurpose, whereas fewer have an MMC card and reader lying around.