Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#254870 - 26/04/2005 13:16 Can't update play_last, play_count with jEmplode?
crocklobster

Hi all. I usually have my central on shuffle, but of course sometimes I take it off shuffle and put it back on. This changes the playlist, so I can't guarantee I've ever played all the songs on the central.

There is a function on the central to Play least recently played songs. The problem with that is for some reason, the central doesn't use songs that have never been played as the least recently played (that's a bug to me). I'm guessing it has something to do with play_count and play_last being 0.

Anyway, I'd like to update play_count and play_last with jEmplode for the songs that have play_count==0 and play_last==0. I tried setting play_count to 1 and play_last to 946080000 (Dec 24, 1999). I syncrhonized and looked at the tracks on the central, but the change didn't take, so I still can't play them with this function.

Is there some magic here I'm missing?

Regards,
Chris

#254871 - 26/04/2005 13:52 Re: Can't update play_last, play_count with jEmplode? [Re: crocklobster]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Quote:
The problem with that is for some reason, the central doesn't use songs that have never been played as the least recently played (that's a bug to me).

Wow. Agreed. That's a pretty serious bug! You sure about that?

Anyway, in order for Jemplode or Emplode to be able to update those fields, there would need to be something in the player software that accepts those changes. I don't know if the Central has that feature in its synch protocol or not.

Anyone from Cambridge know about that?

#254872 - 26/04/2005 14:08 Re: Can't update play_last, play_count with jEmplode? [Re: tfabris]
crocklobster

Quite sure. Just did another "Play least recently played" and got songs that were last played in early 2004 (which is nice), but none that said Never Played. Do an advanced search in jEmplode on your unit for any songs with play_last==0, see if you get anything.

I've never done any work with soup playlists, I've only ever barely skimmed posts. Is there any way for me to create a playlist that will play those unplayed songs? Either with play_count==0 or play_last==0.

Chris

#254873 - 26/04/2005 14:23 Re: Can't update play_last, play_count with jEmplode? [Re: crocklobster]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Yeah, just do an advanced search for play_count = 0 and copy and paste those items into a new handmade playlist. No need for soups.

#254874 - 26/04/2005 18:17 Re: Can't update play_last, play_count with jEmplode? [Re: tfabris]
peter
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge, England
Quote:
Anyone from Cambridge know about that?

(Horrible feeling creeps over me.) Does it work if you set your timezone to GMT (or "Universal", or whatever the Central calls it)?

Peter

#254875 - 28/04/2005 00:26 Re: Can't update play_last, play_count with jEmplode? [Re: peter]
crocklobster

Nope. I had to go through the "Advanced" timezones to find GMT, selected it and tried, but no love.

I also wondered if there was some other flag on the tune I had to change to make the central believe I had at least played it once.

Oh well, I'll make the temporary playlist to make sure all of the tracks get played now. <BeatDeadHorse>How cool would it be if some of that code were open sourced?</BeatDeadHorse>

-c

#254876 - 28/04/2005 01:43 Re: Can't update play_last, play_count with jEmplode? [Re: crocklobster]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Also, I'd like to personally apologize for never finding this bug myself during the beta testing phase.