Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#256131 - 13/05/2005 13:03 Remote Face EQ
belezeebub
addict

I can still find the Pioneer DEQ-9000 or DEQ9200 used on ebay from time to time as well as the Alpine PXA-510 but has anyone seen any other Digital EQ's that are Remote.

Clarion use to have one with a digital EQ that could be trunk mounted with a small disply on a stick that would work.

Basically I need a EQ so I can get a SUb out put if it has any others features it is a bonus

I really don't want to hack up my dash for a second DIn or 1/2 din sized unit so I need a remote one.

Suggestions?
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#256132 - 20/05/2005 13:12 Re: Remote Face EQ [Re: belezeebub]
belezeebub
addict

No luck how about this then

a "box" with front and rear inputs front rear and sub outputs and a crossover so I can channel sounds lower then say 90Hz to the sub ONLY.
______________________________________ Do not meddle in the affairs of Network Administrators, for they are subtle and quick to anger. ______________________________________ Worlds Lamest Wb Site (mine) http://home.comcast.net/~jlipchitz/

#256133 - 20/05/2005 13:58 Re: Remote Face EQ [Re: belezeebub]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I wonder if that could be accomplished with a pair of Y-adapters and a couple of F-mods.

And... doesn't the amplifier for your subwoofer have a built-in lowpass filter? If so, you could do it with the Y-splitters only. As illustrated in the usual place...

#256134 - 20/05/2005 18:31 Re: Remote Face EQ [Re: tfabris]
belezeebub
addict

I am using a single 6 channle amp now and with out having a sub-woofer output from the empeg It doesn't work right.

ie

if I set the sub input on the amp to sum channles 1,2,3,4 I get bass but the crossover doesn't function right if I use the cross-over on channels 1,2,3,4 to limit their bass to signals over 90Hz there is nothing to sum for the sub woofer.

#256135 - 02/10/2005 20:58 Re: Remote Face EQ [Re: belezeebub]
estocks
new poster

Loc: Reading UK
Rockford Fosgate Symmetry EP2x with either E14 or E28 upgrade card will do great. Remember the (master) volume moves to the remote control if you want to preserve Signal to Noise ratio. I used the Symmetry and noticed line noise, I locked the EMPEG at 0dB and, using the volume on the Rocky after that it was superb.
RF has volume dependant eq, 16 EQ presets, 2 line or balanced inputs, faders. Alll DSP is digital 14 bit.
HTH

Attachments
266548-RF_collage(Custom).jpg (197 downloads)