Moderator's Edit: This message is regarding a meet that already happened in the year 2001. If you happen to see this message after 2001, please don't try showing up in Woodside on March 3. The Boulevard is a nice place to eat, and it's a beautiful drive, so your trip wouldn't be a complete waste, but you probably won't find any empeg owners there.

I am pleased to forward the following message on behalf of Jon Bauer, an empeg owner in the USA who has organised an owners meet in Northern California. I am forwarding this message to all US and Canadian empeg owners as I am aware that some people may be interested in travelling to attend.

I am pleased to say that Hugo and myself will be flying over from England, and several of our US colleagues are also expected, including Andy Wolfe, CTO of SONICblue, with his empeg-equipped Honda S2000.

Here's the message from Jon...

Hi All,

You are invited to attend the first ever North America/Northern California empeg owners meeting!

When?

Saturday, March 3rd - noon Pacific standard time

Where?

The Boulevard Bar & Grill,
17285 Skyline Boulevard,
Woodside,
CA 94062
650.851.7444, http://www.blvdbar-grill.com/

(directions included below)

How?

Via empeg (v1 or v2) powered car, boat, or helicopter!

Who?

You!

Why?

This will be your golden opportunity to mingle with other empeg related people (owners, designers, executives, spouses, etc). There will be fun, food, and gossip! Get to see some of the new features that have yet to be released, get to compete for fabulous prizes, get to know the faces behind the keyboard, and get to visit one of the most scenic spots in Northern California!

Some of our planned events include:

Best Installation
Best Sound Quality
Longest Distance Driven
Empeg General Knowledge Quiz
Wishlist Discussion (with the product designers!)

Directions:

BEST way to get to Boulevard is to go up or down Skyline Boulevard (highway 35). It's an extremely scenic drive, and you should give yourself at least 45 minutes to an hour to enjoy it.

From the north, I recommend the following route:

Get on 280 South
Take the Half Moon Bay road exit
Take a left off of the exit
When you get to 92, take a right
Take a left (south) on Skyline (35) and enjoy! Be careful, on the weekends, there CAN be cops on Skyline.
Boulevard is at the corner of 84 and 35 (on the left side of the road). You WON'T miss it.

From the south, you have a lot of great choices, but you should end up on Skyline (35 North).

From the east, head towards 280 and get on Woodside road west (84) until you intersect with Skyline - Boulevard is right there.

It's easy! It's fun! Get a decent map, and I hope some of you want to explore a bit after the meet!

- Jon

If you expect to attend, or have further questions, please contact Jon Bauer ([email protected]).

<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small"><EM>Edited by rob on 14/02/01 11:26 AM.</EM></FONT></P>

Edited by tfabris (05/01/2002 12:27)