Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#269470 - 13/11/2005 23:38 Install in Los Angeles and a remote question
preardon
new poster

I posted this in the troubleshooting thread so I thought I would move it here. I just bought a new Tacoma and I want to get my Empeg installed ASAP (had it in a 00 frontier). Can anyone recommend a really good install shop in the Los Angeles area? I have some ideas on how I would like to install but I don't feel like tackling myself. Also, I want to try and dissect a remote and install it into the center console of my truck. I would need a remote with the ir transmitter attached to a cord probobly about 10" long or so so I could mount the buttons and then run the cord to a place where it could see the player. Any ideas on remotes that might fit the bill? One more off topic question: In my last car, the handle was just loose enough to squeek a tiny bit when the car is moving. Nobody could hear it but me but it drove me crazy. Any way to fix this? Thanks in advance

#269471 - 13/11/2005 23:59 Re: Install in Los Angeles and a remote question [Re: preardon]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Handle squeak: here.

Steering wheel (or center console or whatever) remote: Kenwood KCA-RC700 if you can find one, it's even already got the dangly bit with the IR emitter on it: here.

Tips on installing and mounting and such: here.

#269472 - 14/11/2005 05:20 Re: Install in Los Angeles and a remote question [Re: preardon]
canuckInOR
carpal tunnel

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Can anyone recommend a really good install shop in the Los Angeles area?

Los Angeles is a pretty big area. I originally took mine to Al & Ed's Autosound, on Lincoln Blvd (near Venice, I think). At first I was pretty happy with the install, but lately, I'm not so happy. The install has been giving me problems after a couple years (wires have come un-crimped, and I've developed some alternator whine). They did take a lot of time on my install, and were generally good about the wiring, etc (they taped all the RCA connectors, for example), but they were a bit sloppy taking my dash apart, and I've had to jury rig part of my console to keep it from not popping apart. They also didn't connect all the wires -- the headlite sense isn't connected, for example. I'm kind of hemming and hawing, but I probably wouldn't take mine back there, now.