I have had two Rio Receivers for several years - no trouble.
They do not connect on Win XP SP2 (could be another change) - do not know for sure - just stopped working after years of no trouble.
Display on Rio Receiver says:
Info Net: pnq IP 169.254.236.51
n: 255.255.0.0 g: 255.255.255.255
1) ARM 1.04
2) I have turned off Windows Firewall
3) Windows XP Home SP 2
4) Tried installing ARM on another XP SP2 computer - no luck
5) "Netstat - a" - shows all relavent ports - 12078/tcp, 18678, 21075, 21076, 21077, 21078
6) Looked at removing Windows .NET - but it does not appear on add/remove programs or windows components.
7) Network is Ethernet 10/100