Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#278221 - 25/03/2006 00:26 Jemplode: No fid 2 on this device
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Newly formatted player, seems that emplode creates the unattached items playlist, but jemplode just complains about it.

Just returned from fry's, moving on to getting the usb serial dongle working under jemplode on osx.

Matthew

#278222 - 25/03/2006 08:02 Re: Jemplode: No fid 2 on this device [Re: matthew_k]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Quote:
Newly formatted player, seems that emplode creates the unattached items playlist, but jemplode just complains about it.

And what's that got to do with FID 2? Unattached Items is FID 0x110. FID 2 is the database or the config file or something like that. Look in the emptool source code for more information.

#278223 - 25/03/2006 12:27 Re: Jemplode: No fid 2 on this device [Re: Roger]
pgrzelak
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
Newly formatted? Are you certain the music partitions were built correctly?

#278224 - 25/03/2006 16:00 Re: Jemplode: No fid 2 on this device [Re: pgrzelak]
matthew_k
pooh-bah

Loc: Berkeley, California
Hmmm, well, jemplode continued to complain about fid 2 until I synced with emplode at which point the unattached items playlist showed up. It also tended to reboot the player durring the download database phase, which did seem odd. It was a fresh build entirely, probably a case that doesn't get tested with jemplode that much.

The disk did seem to get built correctly, nothing seemed unusual while it was building it, and it's only 60GB. Reports the right amount of space free.

Matthew

#278225 - 17/05/2006 15:38 Re: Jemplode: No fid 2 on this device [Re: matthew_k]
zexpe
journeyman

Loc: Edinburgh, UK
Hey all, I think I know what's going on here. I had the same problem. Freshly installed empeg (including hijack), with first access through jEmplode (I have no Windows PCs). No file with FID 2 is found - this is of course referring to the config.ini file. Checking out the config.ini it is indeed empty. So I fill out some options in "Configure Player", sync. et voila. working config.ini, and no missing FID 2 errors.

Curiously, what lead me to this problem was that I couldn't FTP to the player. Now that I've fixed the config.ini via "Configure Player" all is fine and I can FTP to the player.

I guess emplode on sync must automatically create a default config.ini even if the user hasn't visited "configure player" yet. Whereas jEmplode requires the user to manually put in the settings before it creates a config.ini.

Hope this helps someone someday.

Cheers,
Ross