Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#278389 - 28/03/2006 14:44 Palantir: Invalid track number
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
When exporting the PDB from jEmplode, I'm getting a lot of messages of the format "Invalid track number value on FID: 4321". I'm also getting albums sorted incorrectly in the Palm app. All of which would seem to make sense on the surface. But the FIDs it's complaining about don't exist and the albums that are sorted incorrectly seem to have valid track numbers. Any way I can get more information out of the plugin?

#278390 - 28/03/2006 16:00 Re: Palantir: Invalid track number [Re: wfaulk]
cushman
veteran

Loc: Erie, CO
Quote:
When exporting the PDB from jEmplode, I'm getting a lot of messages of the format "Invalid track number value on FID: 4321".

The track number for those tracks is most likely not a number - it would not convert from a String to an Integer using Java's Integer(String) constructor. You can export your DB to .csv or XML to see what is stored in the track number field.

Quote:
I'm also getting albums sorted incorrectly in the Palm app. All of which would seem to make sense on the surface.

Albums are sorted chronologically based upon the year value in your database. If there is no year value in your tags, I default the year to 1900. Is this the sorting you are seeing? I should update this on my online manual.

Quote:
But the FIDs it's complaining about don't exist and the albums that are sorted incorrectly seem to have valid track numbers. Any way I can get more information out of the plugin?

Sorry, the FID that I print out for debug purposes is an integer - convert to hex to find the fid in jEmplode. I can update this with some additional debugging information, what kind of debug data would you like to see come out on the console? I could print out the offending text in the field or some other type of alert.

Also if you send me your CSV output I can check your tags to see what any issues may be.

#278391 - 28/03/2006 16:24 Re: Palantir: Invalid track number [Re: cushman]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

What I meant is that the tracks within an album are not sorted correctly, which would make sense if it thinks the track number is invalid. Let me do some decimal-to-hex conversion and compare.

The additional debugging would have been to find out what tracks those invalid FIDs were referring to, but if they're not invalid....

Hmm. It doesn't appear that the FIDs in jEmplode are in hex. They appear to be decimal -- no letters and digits greater than 7. Any other way you can think of for me to interpret those FIDs that it prints out?

#278392 - 28/03/2006 17:06 Re: Palantir: Invalid track number [Re: wfaulk]
cushman
veteran

Quote:
Hmm. It doesn't appear that the FIDs in jEmplode are in hex. They appear to be decimal -- no letters and digits greater than 7. Any other way you can think of for me to interpret those FIDs that it prints out?

Export to CSV and you should get what I am reading from the database itself. It should export as either hex or decimal. If that doesn't work, let me know and I can add some more debug information to the plugin and send you a debug .jar.

#278393 - 28/03/2006 17:16 Re: Palantir: Invalid track number [Re: cushman]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Okay. I did the "emplode XML" export from jEmplode. I see that they're in hex in that file, but the numbers still don't seem to match up. I've attached the XML and the error messages. (I added the hex values in the error messages file.)

Nope. The file's too big. I'll PM you a URL to get it from.

#278394 - 28/03/2006 18:30 Re: Palantir: Invalid track number [Re: wfaulk]
cushman
veteran

You have 1007 failures in interpreting the track numbers and 988 of those are because you have slashes in your tracknr fields. My program doesn't recognize 1/10 as a valid track number. The others I'm not sure of and I can't explain the FID differences, but I will get a modified version of the .jar plugin out to log more data than just the FID (like artist/source/track).

#278395 - 28/03/2006 18:42 Re: Palantir: Invalid track number [Re: cushman]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Ah. I forgot that jEmplode interprets that to the point that I don't even see the slashes. Very little of the music was not uploaded by official emplode, though, so it seems like it's a valid thing for the track to be. You might want to add it to Palantir. Doesn't seem like it would be a very difficult change.

How did you match those numbers up, though? I randomly checked about 15 and only one of them matched up with a FID I could find. Or am I just being an idiot? Oh. I am being an idiot. You're reporting 1373, which is 0x55d. But the FID number I need to look for is 0x55d0. But jEmplode reports them in decimal, but with the additional trailing zero. So I need to multiply the number you report by 16 in order to get the number that jEmplode is reporting. So I need to look for your FID 1373 as jEmplode FID 21968. Phew.

Edited by wfaulk (28/03/2006 18:50)

#278396 - 28/03/2006 18:54 Re: Palantir: Invalid track number [Re: wfaulk]
cushman
veteran

Quote:
Ah. I forgot that jEmplode interprets that to the point that I don't even see the slashes. Very little of the music was not uploaded by official emplode, though, so it seems like it's a valid thing for the track to be. You might want to add it to Palantir. Doesn't seem like it would be a very difficult change.

It would not be, I can just add parsing to take everything before the /.

Quote:
How did you match those numbers up, though? I randomly checked about 15 and only one of them matched up with a FID I could find. Or am I just being an idiot? Oh. I am being an idiot. You're reporting 1373, which is 0x55d. But the FID number I need to look for is 0x55d0. But jEmplode reports them in decimal, but with the additional trailing zero. So I need to multiply the number you report by 16 in order to get the number that jEmplode is reporting. So I need to look for your FID 1373 as jEmplode FID 21968. Phew.

You're right! I didn't even catch that, I just did a regex search for <tracknr>[0-9]*/[0-9]*</tracknr> and that matched 988 lines. I can add code to display the correct FID now that I know the "secret formula" for translation

#278397 - 28/03/2006 19:33 Re: Palantir: Invalid track number [Re: cushman]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

The other ones complained about the year, and, as it turns out, it's all one album that I didn't put any year information on.

#278398 - 28/03/2006 21:37 Re: Palantir: Invalid track number [Re: wfaulk]
cushman
veteran

Ok, I put a new version of palantir.jar on the installation page for Palantir. Download this new version to get correct FID numbers in the debug window (both hex and int) and have it interpret slashed track numbers correctly. If your track is in the format of ##/## it will use the first number before the slash as the track number.

#278399 - 29/03/2006 14:09 Re: Palantir: Invalid track number [Re: cushman]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Sorry for the delay. Busy evening last night.

It spews out a lot of warnings about interpreting the slashed track numbers, but, once I also fixed that album with the invalid year (turns out, instead of it being four numerals or even just blank, it was four spaces) everything works just fine.