Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#279668 - 17/04/2006 19:30 New Empeg transport case finally arrived
StigOE
addict

My new Empeg transport case has finally arrived after 7 months of waiting.

The audio from the Empeg is fed through an IP-bus adapter to the Pioneer Avic-X1R. Now I have to see if I can find a suitable place to mount an amplifier and a sub, without them taking away the space in the back. It would also be nice if I could find a way to get the info from the Empeg up onto the FIS...

Stig

Attachments
280053-Passat.jpg (169 downloads)

#279669 - 17/04/2006 20:30 Re: New Empeg transport case finally arrived [Re: StigOE]
sein
old hand

Loc: Sector ZZ9pZa
Nice ride!

You've got the black face, red button, & blue display thing going on just right. I can see all the other VW owners studying that bottom picture pretty closely - its perfect

#279670 - 18/04/2006 06:17 Re: New Empeg transport case finally arrived [Re: sein]
StigOE
addict

Thanks.

The blue is a little bit off, but not by much. And I need to paint the buttons again so they more resembles arrows. It doesn't show in the picture, but the Pioneer protrudes quite far out compared to the Empeg, but I guess it have to because of the screen.

They were a real PITA to install as I had to get not only the players in there, but also the VW to ISO-adapter (which also gave me speed signal, reverse signal and steering wheel controls), an extra wiring adapter so I could get power to the Empeg, the wiring harnesses for both players and the cable between the Pioneer and hide-away unit. The hide-away unit I managed to install in the compartment in the glove box meant for the instruction manual.

Stig

#279671 - 23/04/2006 18:32 Re: New Empeg transport case finally arrived [Re: StigOE]
FireFox31
pooh-bah

Loc: East Coast, USA
That's a nice install and a cool color combination right there. Does the Pioneer pop out screen allow the deck to be recessed any further in the dash? That's what I did for my standard Alpine deck: took off the trim ring and cut new holes further in the dashboard DIN walls for the sled tabs. Now it's flush with the empeg face (with no trim ring though).

#279672 - 23/04/2006 19:00 Re: New Empeg transport case finally arrived [Re: FireFox31]
StigOE
addict

Thanks.

Quote:
Does the Pioneer pop out screen allow the deck to be recessed any further in the dash?

Not really. Besides, I don't think I would be able to push it in any further either. It was difficult enough just to get it in as it is now because of all the wires. The mounting bracket also has some lips on the side that the radio is screwed onto.

Stig