Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#28224 - 17/03/2001 00:02 i just can't see sh*t in teh sun
rockstar
enthusiast

i have tried a ble non ar and it worked better then the rd ar.
I ordered my amber face plate about 3 weeks ago and it isn't here yet.. i honestly cannot see ANYTHING in my car, with tinted windows from about 2pm to 6 pm

has anyone found a workaround for this, it is SO annoying when i have to wait to stop to change songs because i can't see anything.

car is a bmw m3

#28225 - 17/03/2001 10:17 Re: i just can't see sh*t in teh sun [Re: rockstar]
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
The workaround is to tint the windows more.

Or, alternatively, you could put up a Monty Burns style sun blocker to block out the sun entirely.

Seriously, there is no way to work around it. All car audio products suffer from this problem in some form or another.

The worst part for me is that bright sun seems to conflict with the IR receiver's ability to get codes from my steering wheel remote. I'm still working on a workaround for this... Physically moving the IR receiver to the other side doesn't look do-able, so some serious engineering is going to have to go into this problem.

I feel your pain.

-Tony
MkII #554

#28226 - 17/03/2001 11:08 Re: i just can't see sh*t in teh sun [Re: rockstar]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I have no trouble reading my display in the sun unless the sun's shining right exactly on it.

Have you checked to make sure your dimmer is turned up to 100 percent?

It's also possible that the VFD is malfunctioning and not delivering full brightness. Is there any objective way to measure and see if the VFD is putting out the amount of light it's supposed to put out? Perhaps you can find someone else in your area with an empeg so you can do a side-by-side comparison of brightness?

#28227 - 17/03/2001 11:11 Re: i just can't see sh*t in teh sun [Re: rockstar]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
This may not be normal. I have experienced this as well, and sent my player back for warranty repair. When returned, I found the display improved by 300%. My display is perfectly readable now.

Read this post, and tell me if it sounds familiar. If so, contact Hugo because he knows what was wrong with mine (I think it was a blown circuit or something like that).

DiGNAN
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, etc.

#28228 - 18/03/2001 15:43 Re: i just can't see sh*t in teh sun [Re: tonyc]
bootsy
enthusiast

Loc: Seattle, WA. USA
"Or, alternatively, you could put up a Monty Burns style sun blocker to block out the sun entirely."

heh heh...
"Since the beginning of time man has yearned to destroy the sun...."

Brian H. Johnson
MK2 36GB Blue
"Honey, you're wasting ammo..."