Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#30111 - 24/04/2001 20:11 Advanced Setting via emplode
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
There seem to be several features that we all can't seem to agree upon... such as: Track Fading, Display Server with OR without authorization, volume adjustment, display during "Now and Next" etc...

It would be cool if there were some sort of advanced setting panel, almost like a "TweakUI" window that you could check and uncheck certain features. That way, the empeg could be more customizable and the menu systems wouldn't have to be so deep to make all of these adjustable via the player (and a sync would essentially reboot the player since some hacks only work when initialized at boot up).

Also, this wouldn't require a serial connection and a # prompt (or even knowledge of Linux).

32GB (JUST UPGRADED!) Mk. II BLUE
Detroit, MI USA
www.PfeifferBeer.com

#30112 - 24/04/2001 20:14 Re: Advanced Setting via emplode [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
SE_Sport_Driver
carpal tunnel

Loc: Detroit, MI USA
Also, everything from Key Beep and Display Brightness to Shuffle and Mobile Phone Mute could be "checked" or "unchecked". (Isn't this already the case with the mute?)

32GB (JUST UPGRADED!) Mk. II BLUE
Detroit, MI USA
www.PfeifferBeer.com

#30113 - 25/04/2001 05:18 Re: Advanced Setting via emplode [Re: SE_Sport_Driver]
greggerm
journeyman

Loc: Rhode Island
I'm still loving the possibilities of "designing" my own display mode in some tag-like format. Having Emplode give you a blank canvas, and have the user create the fields. YUM!

---- - --- - --- - -- -- - - - - - -
greggerm 09000991

#30114 - 28/04/2001 05:06 Re: Advanced Setting via emplode [Re: greggerm]
beaker
addict

Loc: England
In reply to:

I'm still loving the possibilities of "designing" my own display mode in some tag-like format...

Yeah, I've been thinking along similar lines recently. I've been thinking it would be nice to have an application where you are given a Toolbox filled with objects such as: Track Title, Album Name, Artist, Elapsed Time, Internal Temp and all the other bits of information that the player can provide. You could then Drag 'n' Drop them onto a virtual Car Player display in whatever positions that suit you. You could even have the facility to set scrolling attributes to some of the elements. What does everyone think of this idea? If there's enough interest it may even be possible to persuade the Empeg guys to incorporate it into Emplode. To expand on your idea of some kind of tagging system this may be possible using some kind of combination of XML, XSL & CSS. Ultimately I guess it would totally depend on the Empeg guys modifying the display part of the player software to enable this to happen.

beaker
12 gig blue

#30115 - 13/08/2001 16:36 Re: Advanced Setting via emplode [Re: beaker]
beaker
addict

Loc: England
In an attempt to revive an old thread has anyone else thought that user configurable player info screens would be nice? I think the ability to have exactly the info you want positioned how you want it would be a really cool feature.

Marcus (beaker)
32 gig (various colours)