Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#304770 - 05/12/2007 05:01 Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way?
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I have an iPod Touch because I wanted a web browser in my pocket. Still not syncing my music collection to it (no point), but I have played with its music features and there are about 10 tunes on there just for experimental purposes. Anyway...

I'm playing with the photo features in iTunes and OMG DO THEY EVER SUCK.

Problem is, I don't have the photos on my hard disk arranged in such a way that I can sync just one tree-level of folders to the thing. I have a complex hierarchy of folders and I would want to drag only specific folders to the thing, and those would be from multiple higher-level root trees.

But it only lets me select a single layer of sub folders from a single main root tree. And if I go choosing a different main root folder to grab a different layer of sub-folders, it erases the photos from the prior main folder.

In other words, if I have folder structure of c:\BAR\pics1 c:\BAR\pics2 and I put those on the iPod, okay that's fine. Until I want to put c:\FOO\pics1 and c:\FOO\pics2 on the thing, then it erases the stuff from BAR before the stuff from FOO goes on there. I only see the FOO stuff after a sync, the BAR stuff is gone.

With music files, it's perfectly happy to let me just drag the MP3s directly onto the thing from anywhere, emplode-style. It refuses to let me do that with photos. Why the hell not?

Anyway, is there something better out there, (edit: yes) or do I just forget the photo features on this thing too?

PS: The thing seems to have interpreted the photo rotation of all my photos EXACTLY WRONG. Portrait-rotated photos come up landscape. WTF? I've seen one of these things work correctly, with the photos rotating correctly as you twist the thing through the air. Mine rotates precisely opposite.

Edit: As of January 2009, All of the problems discussed in this thread have been solved by the third-party program CopyTrans Photo

#304771 - 05/12/2007 14:35 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
drakino
carpal tunnel

All I can really say here is photos on my iPhone are working fine, iTunes lets me check what iPhoto albums and events I want, they sync, and portrait pictures and landscape pictures show up in the right orientation.

I have no experience with doing photo syncing any other way though.

There is this article in the Apple support system describing how photo syncing works, it may help. From what I see there though, it's not going to deal with your complex hierarchy. It looks like they built support around how the camera import wizard works in XP, and 2 Adobe programs.

#304772 - 05/12/2007 14:39 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
tman
carpal tunnel

Quote:
PS: The thing seems to have interpreted the photo rotation of all my photos EXACTLY WRONG. Portrait-rotated photos come up landscape. WTF? I've seen one of these things work correctly, with the photos rotating correctly as you twist the thing through the air. Mine rotates precisely opposite.

I don't think it understand the image rotation tag. You need to rotate them yourself.

#304773 - 05/12/2007 15:12 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tman]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Quote:
I don't think it understand the image rotation tag. You need to rotate them yourself.

Why in the wide wide world of sports does it not understand the tag?

And even without the tag, there's at least the aspect ratio of the image, it should at least be able to match that to the rectangular display. Right now, it displays the images with black rectangles on either side no matter what orientation I have the thing at.

And I don't use iPhoto...

#304774 - 05/12/2007 15:20 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
tman
carpal tunnel

Can't remember if it works for photos or not but you tried double tapping on it to zoom?

What ratio are your photos?

#304775 - 05/12/2007 17:27 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tman]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Can't remember if it works for photos or not but you tried double tapping on it to zoom?

What ratio are your photos?

My photos are the standard 4:3 ratio of the photos on all digital cameras. My problem is only with the rotation. I mis-stated the thing about always black rectangles. I meant that I can't view a portrait photo properly on the thing and it has black rectangles in portrait mode when it shouldn't.

Double tapping does zoom correctly, my problem is that I am not supposed to have to double tap my portrait photos when I am holding the thing in portrait mode. By default, my portrait photos come up sideways with black bars when I am holding the thing in portrait mode.

Here, I'll draw you a picture...

Attachments
306533-Image1.jpg (274 downloads)

#304776 - 06/12/2007 01:24 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Tony, you're positive your photos are properly tagged as portrait right? This should be in the exif - check with other programs that support the exif rotation.

If a photo is not tagged, there's no way for any device to know whether it's a portrait or landscape shot (directly out of a camera). The aspect ratios are exactly the same - remember that the image itelf is still always landscape from the camera. You'd have had to do a loss-less jpeg transformation to actually make it a real portrait oriented bitmap.

#304777 - 06/12/2007 14:26 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: hybrid8]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Tony, you're positive your photos are properly tagged as portrait right? This should be in the exif - check with other programs that support the exif rotation.

Yes, the portrait photos open up correctly verticalized when I double click on them in Windows. The application I'm currently associating with JPG is "irfanview" and it's just reading the exif data from the photos and opening them just like any other application should.

The photos are the unedited original files, dragged directly off the camera's memory card. The camera is a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FX9.

#304778 - 07/12/2007 16:35 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Loc: NH USA
Did you ever use Windows Explorer to rotate them in XP? ISTR XP did bad things to exif data.

DPREVIEW link.

-Zeke

#304779 - 07/12/2007 16:50 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: Ezekiel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Did you ever use Windows Explorer to rotate them in XP? ISTR XP did bad things to exif data.

Not to my knowledge. I have always had JPGs associated with a third party viewer. Either irfanview or ACDsee. I know about that Windows Picture Viewer thing and I make sure never to use it.

In fact, any JPGs that I'd done any file editing upon at all... those come up fine on the ipod. The problem happens only with the ones that haven't been touched, the ones that are unmodified from when I copied them from the camera's memory card. Not only that, I copied them just as straight files, not via a camera-wizard app.

#304833 - 08/12/2007 17:46 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Tony,
Does the camera you're using have an orientation sensor in it? If not then the exif tags coulnd't contain the information needed by the iPod. Editing them (setting orientation manually) would _add_ the orientation data.

-Zeke

#304835 - 08/12/2007 17:55 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: Ezekiel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: Ezekiel
Tony,
Does the camera you're using have an orientation sensor in it? If not then the exif tags coulnd't contain the information needed by the iPod. Editing them (setting orientation manually) would _add_ the orientation data.

-Zeke

Yes, the camera DEFINITELY has an orientation sensor, and correctly EXIF tags the photos. I can see the EXIF tags in IRFANVIEW, and the orientation field says the correct things for the landscape versus the portrait photos.

Every application I've got on the system that's supposed to handle the rotation of the photos automaticaly, *DOES* handle the rotation of the photos automatically. IRFANVIEW, Paint Shop Pro, etc., all open the photos correctly, rotating the photos to appear vertical.

Please note that in all cases I have NOT saved rotated/corrected photos back to the hard disk after viewing them in these apps, and any options to do so automatically have been disabled.

For instance, IRFANVIEW lets me choose whether to do lossless JPG rotation automatically, and I turned that off.

If I turn off the feature in IRFANVIEW that uses the EXIF tag to display the photo vertically, and then open the photo, it's sideways, exactly as I'd expect it to be.

What I'm trying to say here is: Yeah, everything is correct on my end of things. iTunes just sucks huge drippy green donkey balls, that's all.

#304845 - 08/12/2007 22:32 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
webroach
old hand

Loc: Colorado
 Originally Posted By: tfabris
What I'm trying to say here is: Yeah, everything is correct on my end of things. iTunes just sucks huge drippy green donkey balls, that's all.

Really? Well, how does Windows Media Player or WinAMP compare to Paint Shop Pro?

What? WMP isn't a photo editing app? I can't do gaussian blurs using WinAMP? WTF?!

How dare they not pack full image editing features into a music app? You should write Steve J. right now and alert him to this.

#304847 - 08/12/2007 22:38 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: webroach]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Those would be valid arguments if they hadn't decided to use iTunes as a photo manager.

#304851 - 09/12/2007 02:24 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: wfaulk]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: wfaulk
Those would be valid arguments if they hadn't decided to use iTunes as a photo manager.

They don't. They decided to use iPhoto, Adobe Photoshop Album, Adobe Photoshop Elements, Windows XP Camera wizard, or Image Capture on OS X, all solutions Tony isn't using. So because he is going outside the bounds of what Apple added support for, he is having problems. Why the iPod isn't reading the EXIF data I don't know, but all iTunes does is simply moves images. You don't manage anything with it.

#304853 - 09/12/2007 06:07 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: drakino]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Originally Posted By: drakino
Why the iPod isn't reading the EXIF data I don't know

More specifically, why iTunes isn't reading the EXIF data. The iPod just displays what iTunes feeds it.

The argument that "iTunes isn't a photo manager" isn't valid. It is a photo manager and photo synchronization application, albeit a very simple and limited one. In fact, from what I can tell, it's the only app available for synching photos from a Windows PC to an iPod Touch. It allows you to select (in a very limited way) which photos you want to load, then it processes the photos quite extensively for the purpose of adding them to the player. It pre-creates all the necessary thumbnails and zoom sizes, for example.

Anyway, whether you call it a photo manager or not, that argument doesn't matter.

What does matter is: For the purpose that the photo feature in iTunes is intended (loading the user's photos onto an iPod touch which supports orientation based-rotation), then it is completely logical to expect it to interpret the EXIF data on the photos and do the right thing.

#304856 - 09/12/2007 06:26 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
drakino
carpal tunnel

The argument that "iTunes isn't a photo manager" isn't valid. It is a photo manager and photo synchronization application, albeit a very simple and limited one. In fact, from what I can tell, it's the only app available for synching photos from a Windows PC to an iPod Touch.

How is it a photo management program? I can't use it to download pictures off my camera, I can't use it to edit pictures, I can't use it to organize pictures, and I also can't use it to even display pictures beyond album art in my music files.

You are correct that iTunes is the only photo synchronization tool for Windows. And I will agree that it might seem logical to have iTunes or the iPod read EXIF rotation data, but clearly neither do, and they rely on a proper photo management solution to be used on both Mac and Windows platforms. Odds are Apple looked at the situation and saw that the Windows Camera Import program does the rotation, as do the two Adobe products on Windows that iTunes can sync from, and so the logic was never added on their side.

It seems EXIF is going through the same initial implementation pains that ID3 tags did in MP3 files.

#304869 - 09/12/2007 14:04 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Tony,
Clearly I can't argue, I would fully expect iTunes to do the right thing and read the exif tag.

So, now that you've identified that iT sucks for what you want, what's the quickie workaround? Batch process in irfan I suppose. However if you're the curious type, I would suggest the following:

We can deduce that:
1) iTunes reads an exif tag for orientation (that's the only place in jpeg for this data), but it's not the tag your camera writes.

2) If it is not reading the tag it is either because a) it's reading another tag or b) the tag contents or format written by your camera aren't handled by iTunes.

3) A side by side exif comparison of an Irfan processed and unprocessed file should yield the difference.

4) If not, then go have a taco and a beer and worry about something more fun.

-Zeke

#304878 - 09/12/2007 15:55 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: Ezekiel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

My impression is that iTunes doesnt bother to read exif data at all.

Yeah, batch processing everything sounds like the only solution.

If someone made a third party photo uploader, maybe that would be a solution. Actually someone makes something called photopod but it doesnt support this device and its rotation feature is the opposite of what I need.

Since batch processing and rearranging my collection is out of the question at the moment, I guess this thing I'd still just a web browser.

#304896 - 09/12/2007 18:53 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
music
addict

I guess this thing I'd still just a web browser.

And I bet you typed this post on it, and you mis-typed "is" as "id" and the auto-correct changed it to "I'd".

#304914 - 09/12/2007 22:22 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: music]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

yup. \:\)

#304925 - 10/12/2007 11:55 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Tony,
It's so strange though. I copied a CD of my parent's trip to italy over to the touch as a test, and every photo worked fine.

"My impression is that iTunes doesnt bother to read exif data at all. "

How can that be correct? Exif is the only place a jpeg can store that data.

Send me two pictures (one processed & one unprocessed).

-Zeke

#304935 - 10/12/2007 14:32 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: Ezekiel]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Quote:
Tony,
It's so strange though. I copied a CD of my parent's trip to italy over to the touch as a test, and every photo worked fine.

Then they all must have gotten pixel-rotated by a piece of software before they went on that CD.

Quote:

"My impression is that iTunes doesnt bother to read exif data at all. "

How can that be correct? Exif is the only place a jpeg can store that data.

As Tom said, it assumes another piece of software got its mitts on the file first, and did the actual pixel-rotation, and therefore it does not need to interpret any exif rotational data.

Quote:
Send me two pictures (one processed & one unprocessed).

Okay. Taking the photo now... I'll send you the unprocessed portrait photo. Hopefully the BBS will accept a 1.4 megabyte file...

The file is unaltered from the camera. I simply took the file directly off the memory card and zipped it up. It has never been opened in any application.

Attachments
portrait.zip (59 downloads)

#304936 - 10/12/2007 14:35 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

By the way, with that attached photo:

- When I open it with the default Windows Vista application for opening JPG files ("Windows Photo Gallery"), it is sideways, because that application also doesn't auto-rotate the thing based on exif data.

- When I open it in IRFanView or Paint Shop Pro, it comes up portrait, because those applications *DO* auto-rotate based on exif data.

#304937 - 10/12/2007 14:43 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

And if you look at the Exif data, the file does say PORTRAIT- RIGHT TOP which is the correct tag. It would say something else if I'd held the camera the other way round.

#304942 - 10/12/2007 16:25 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
Interestingly, the iTouch's manual doesn't mention iTunes for photo syncing. For the PC, it only recommends "Adobe Photoshop Album 2.0 or later or Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0 or later". It's possible that this free version of Album will work for you.

#304943 - 10/12/2007 16:26 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: wfaulk]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Interesting! Trying now.

#304946 - 10/12/2007 16:49 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: tfabris]
Ezekiel
pooh-bah

Tony,
I did the following:
Opened original file with Irfanview 3.98.
Chose 'Image:Information'

Opened original in Photoshop CS2 (opened correctly in portrait mode). Saved as <>_cs2.jpg.
Opened this copy in Irfanview.

My results:
Original file - opened with computer monitor sideways in Irfan 3.98.
Edited file - opened with computer monitor rightways round in Irfan 3.98.

File information in Irfan 3.98-
shows the original at 2048x1536.
shows the edited copy at 1536x2048.
(as does CS2)

Exif data in both files was identical (See attached tab-delimited .txt file).

That leaves this question: what tag does CS2 use to tell orientation that Irfanview 3.98 and iTunes ignore?

-Zeke

EDIT: I got Irfanview 4.1 and had the same orientation results as 3.98 (opened original in landscape, re-saved copy in portrait)

Attachments
tony_file_comparo.txt (267 downloads)
Tony_File_Comparo.gif (266 downloads)

Edited by Ezekiel (10/12/2007 17:01)
Edit Reason: updated

#304949 - 10/12/2007 17:02 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: Ezekiel]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
This is the EXIF data of the original file:

Code:

File Name = p1070837.jpg
File Type = JPEG
File Size = 1477951
@000000000=0       :  <JPEG_SOI>
@0x0000002=2       :    <JPEG_APP1> 0xffe1 length 27294, 'Exif'
@0x000000c=12      :      TIFF(II=0x4949) magic=0x002a='*\0' ifd offset = 8 (+ 12 = 0x14/20)
@0x0000014=20      :      <IFD 0> 11 entries starting at file offset 0x16=22
@0x0000016=22      :        <0x010f=  271> Make                        [2 =ASCII        10]  = @0x9e=158
@0x0000022=34      :        <0x0110=  272> Model                       [2 =ASCII         8]  = @0xa8=168
@0x000002e=46      :        <0x0112=  274> Orientation                 [3 =SHORT         1]  = 6 = '0,0 is right top'
@0x000003a=58      :        <0x011a=  282> XResolution                 [5 =RATIONAL      1]  = @0xb0=176
@0x0000046=70      :        <0x011b=  283> YResolution                 [5 =RATIONAL      1]  = @0xb8=184
@0x0000052=82      :        <0x0128=  296> ResolutionUnit              [3 =SHORT         1]  = 2 = 'pixels per inch'
@0x000005e=94      :        <0x0131=  305> Software                    [2 =ASCII        10]  = @0xc0=192
@0x000006a=106     :        <0x0132=  306> DateTime                    [2 =ASCII        20]  = @0xca=202
@0x0000076=118     :        <0x0213=  531> YCbCrPositioning            [3 =SHORT         1]  = 2 = 'co-sited'
@0x0000082=130     :        <0x8769=34665> ExifIFDPointer              [4 =LONG          1]  = @0x1ae=430
@0x000008e=142     :        <0xc4a5=50341> PrintIM                     [7 =UNDEFINED   208]  = @0xde=222
@0x000009a=154     :        **** next IFD offset 6682(+ 12 = 0x1a26/6694)
@0x000009e=158     :        ============= VALUES, IFD 0 ============
@0x000009e=158     :        Make                        = 'Panasonic\0'
@0x00000a8=168     :        Model                       = 'DMC-FX9\0'
@0x00000b0=176     :        XResolution                 = 72
@0x00000b8=184     :        YResolution                 = 72
@0x00000c0=192     :        Software                    = 'Ver.1.0  \0'
@0x00000ca=202     :        DateTime                    = '2007:12:10 08:29:13\0'
@0x00001ae=430     :        <EXIF IFD> (in IFD 0) 34 entries starting at file offset 0x1b0=432
@0x00001b0=432     :          <0x829a=33434> ExposureTime                [5 =RATIONAL      1]  = @0x34c=844
@0x00001bc=444     :          <0x829d=33437> FNumber                     [5 =RATIONAL      1]  = @0x354=852
@0x00001c8=456     :          <0x8822=34850> ExposureProgram             [3 =SHORT         1]  = 2 = 'Normal'
@0x00001d4=468     :          <0x8827=34855> ISOSpeedRatings             [3 =SHORT         1]  = 100
@0x00001e0=480     :          <0x9000=36864> Version                     [7 =UNDEFINED     4]  = '0220'
@0x00001ec=492     :          <0x9003=36867> DateTimeOriginal            [2 =ASCII        20]  = @0x35c=860
@0x00001f8=504     :          <0x9004=36868> DateTimeDigitized           [2 =ASCII        20]  = @0x370=880
@0x0000204=516     :          <0x9101=37121> ComponentsConfiguration     [7 =UNDEFINED     4]  = 1,2,3,0 = 'YCbCr'
@0x0000210=528     :          <0x9102=37122> CompressedBitsPerPixel      [5 =RATIONAL      1]  = @0x384=900
@0x000021c=540     :          <0x9204=37380> ExposureBiasValue           [10=SRATIONAL     1]  = @0x38c=908
@0x0000228=552     :          <0x9205=37381> MaxApertureValue            [5 =RATIONAL      1]  = @0x394=916
@0x0000234=564     :          <0x9207=37383> MeteringMode                [3 =SHORT         1]  = 5 = 'Pattern'
@0x0000240=576     :          <0x9208=37384> LightSource                 [3 =SHORT         1]  = 0 = 'unknown'
@0x000024c=588     :          <0x9209=37385> Flash                       [3 =SHORT         1]  = 16 = 'no flash - suppressed'
@0x0000258=600     :          <0x920a=37386> FocalLength                 [5 =RATIONAL      1]  = @0x39c=924
@0x0000264=612     :          <0x927c=37500> MakerNote                   [7 =UNDEFINED  5724]  = @0x3a4=932
@0x0000270=624     :          <0xa000=40960> FlashPixVersion             [7 =UNDEFINED     4]  = '0100'
@0x000027c=636     :          <0xa001=40961> ColorSpace                  [3 =SHORT         1]  = 1 = 'sRGB'
@0x0000288=648     :          <0xa002=40962> PixelXDimension             [4 =LONG          1]  = 2048
@0x0000294=660     :          <0xa003=40963> PixelYDimension             [4 =LONG          1]  = 1536
@0x00002a0=672     :          <0xa005=40965> Interoperability            [4 =LONG          1]  = @0x1a08=6664
@0x00002ac=684     :          <0xa217=41495> SensingMethod               [3 =SHORT         1]  = 2 = 'One-chip color area sensor'
@0x00002b8=696     :          <0xa300=41728> FileSource                  [7 =UNDEFINED     1]  = 3 = 'DSC'
@0x00002c4=708     :          <0xa301=41729> SceneType                   [7 =UNDEFINED     1]  = 1 = 'direct photo'
@0x00002d0=720     :          <0xa401=41985> CustomRendered              [3 =SHORT         1]  = 0 = 'Normal'
@0x00002dc=732     :          <0xa402=41986> ExposureMode                [3 =SHORT         1]  = 0 = 'Auto'
@0x00002e8=744     :          <0xa403=41987> WhiteBalance                [3 =SHORT         1]  = 1 = 'Manual'
@0x00002f4=756     :          <0xa404=41988> DigitalZoomRatio            [5 =RATIONAL      1]  = @0x1a00=6656
@0x0000300=768     :          <0xa405=41989> FocalLengthIn35mmFilm       [3 =SHORT         1]  = 35mm
@0x000030c=780     :          <0xa406=41990> SceneCaptureType            [3 =SHORT         1]  = 0 = 'Standard'
@0x0000318=792     :          <0xa407=41991> GainControl                 [3 =SHORT         1]  = 0 = 'None'
@0x0000324=804     :          <0xa408=41992> Contrast                    [3 =SHORT         1]  = 0 = 'Normal'
@0x0000330=816     :          <0xa409=41993> Saturation                  [3 =SHORT         1]  = 0 = 'Normal'
@0x000033c=828     :          <0xa40a=41994> Sharpness                   [3 =SHORT         1]  = 0 = 'Normal'
@0x0000348=840     :          **** next IFD offset 0
@0x000034c=844     :          ============= VALUES, EXIF IFD ============
@0x000034c=844     :          ExposureTime                = 0.05 sec
@0x0000354=852     :          FNumber                     = 2.8 APEX = 'f2.6'
@0x000035c=860     :          DateTimeOriginal            = '2007:12:10 08:29:13\0'
@0x0000370=880     :          DateTimeDigitized           = '2007:12:10 08:29:13\0'
@0x0000384=900     :          CompressedBitsPerPixel      = 4
@0x000038c=908     :          ExposureBiasValue           = 0 APEX
@0x0000394=916     :          MaxApertureValue            = 3 APEX = 'f2.8'
@0x000039c=924     :          FocalLength                 = 5.8 mm
@0x00003a4=932     :          <MakerNote> length 5724, ID scheme, 30 entries starting at offset 0x3b2/946
@0x00003a4=932     :            MakerNoteId               = 'Panasonic'
@0x00003b2=946     :            <0X0001=    1> Quality                   [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 2 = 'Fine'
@0x00003be=958     :            <0X0002=    2> TAG_0X0002                [ 7=UNDEFINED     4]  = 0,1,0,3
@0x00003ca=970     :            <0X0003=    3> WhiteBalance              [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 5 = 'Manual'
@0x00003d6=982     :            <0X0007=    7> FocusMode                 [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 1 = 'Auto'
@0x00003e2=994     :            <0X000F=   15> SpotMode                  [ 1=BYTE          2]  = 1,0 = 'Spot'
@0x00003ee=1006    :            <0X001A=   26> StabilizerMode            [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 2 = 'Mode 1'
@0x00003fa=1018    :            <0X001C=   28> Macro                     [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 2 = 'Off'
@0x0000406=1030    :            <0X001F=   31> PictureMode               [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 1 = 'undefined'
@0x0000412=1042    :            <0X0020=   32> Audio                     [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 2 = 'No'
@0x000041e=1054    :            <0X0021=   33> TAG_0X0021                [ 7=UNDEFINED  5314]  = @0x51a=1306
@0x000042a=1066    :            <0X0022=   34> TAG_0X0022                [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 0
@0x0000436=1078    :            <0X0023=   35> WhiteBalanceAdjust        [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 0 = '0'
@0x0000442=1090    :            <0X0024=   36> FlashStrength             [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 0 = '0 EV'
@0x000044e=1102    :            <0X0025=   37> TAG_0X0025                [ 7=UNDEFINED    16]  = @0x19dc=6620
@0x000045a=1114    :            <0X0026=   38> TAG_0X0026                [ 7=UNDEFINED     4]  = 48,49,48,52 = '0104'
@0x0000466=1126    :            <0X0027=   39> TAG_0X0027                [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 0
@0x0000472=1138    :            <0X0028=   40> ColorMode                 [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 1 = 'Off'
@0x000047e=1150    :            <0X0029=   41> TAG_0X0029                [ 4=LONG          1]  = 5809
@0x000048a=1162    :            <0X002A=   42> TAG_0X002A                [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 4
@0x0000496=1174    :            <0X002B=   43> TAG_0X002B                [ 4=LONG          1]  = 1
@0x00004a2=1186    :            <0X002C=   44> Contrast                  [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 0 = 'Standard'
@0x00004ae=1198    :            <0X002D=   45> NoiseReduction            [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 0 = 'Standard'
@0x00004ba=1210    :            <0X002E=   46> TAG_0X002E                [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 1
@0x00004c6=1222    :            <0X002F=   47> TAG_0X002F                [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 1
@0x00004d2=1234    :            <0X0030=   48> TAG_0X0030                [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 6
@0x00004de=1246    :            <0X0031=   49> TAG_0X0031                [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 2
@0x00004ea=1258    :            <0X0032=   50> TAG_0X0032                [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 0
@0x00004f6=1270    :            <0X0033=   51> TAG_0X0033                [ 2=ASCII        20]  = @0x19ec=6636
@0x0000502=1282    :            <0X0034=   52> TAG_0X0034                [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 1
@0x000050e=1294    :            <0X0035=   53> TAG_0X0035                [ 3=SHORT         1]  = 1
@0x000051a=1306    :            no next IFD offset used
@0x000051a=1306    :            ============= VALUES, MakerNote ============
@0x000051a=1306    :            TAG_0X0021                : length 5314      # UNDEFINED (not dumped, use -U)
@0x00019dc=6620    :            TAG_0X0025                : length 16        # UNDEFINED (not dumped, use -U)
@0x00019ec=6636    :            TAG_0X0033                = '9999:99:99 00:00:00\0'
@0x00019ff=6655    :          </MakerNote>
@0x0001a08=6664    :          <Interoperability SubIFD> 2 entries starting at file offset 0x1a0a=6666
@0x0001a0a=6666    :            <0x0001=    1> InteroperabilityIndex       [2 =ASCII         4]  = 'R98'
@0x0001a16=6678    :            <0x0002=    2> InteroperabilityVersion     [7 =UNDEFINED     4]  = '0100'
@0x0001a22=6690    :            **** next IFD offset 0
@0x0001a25=6693    :          </Interoperability SubIFD>
@0x0001a00=6656    :          DigitalZoomRatio            = 0
-0x0001a25=6693    :        </EXIF IFD>
@0x00000de=222     :        <PrintIM> Version 0250, size 208, 14 entries
@0x00000ee=238     :          PIM_0X0001        = 16 00 16 00  |....| = 0x160016/1441814
@0x00000f4=244     :          PIM_0X0002        = 00 00 00 00  |....| = 0/0
@0x00000fa=250     :          PIM_0X0003        = 64 00 00 00  |d...| = 0x64/100
@0x0000100=256     :          PIM_0X0007        = 00 00 00 00  |....| = 0/0
@0x0000106=262     :          PIM_0X0008        = 00 00 00 00  |....| = 0/0
@0x000010c=268     :          PIM_0X0009        = 00 00 00 00  |....| = 0/0
@0x0000112=274     :          PIM_0X000A        = 00 00 00 00  |....| = 0/0
@0x0000118=280     :          PIM_0X000B        = ac 00 00 00  |....| = 0xac/172
@0x000011e=286     :          PIM_0X000C        = 00 00 00 00  |....| = 0/0
@0x0000124=292     :          PIM_0X000D        = 00 00 00 00  |....| = 0/0
@0x000012a=298     :          PIM_0X000E        = c4 00 00 00  |....| = 0xc4/196
@0x0000130=304     :          PIM_0X0100        = 05 00 00 00  |....| = 0x5/5
@0x0000136=310     :          PIM_0X0101        = 01 00 00 00  |....| = 0x1/1
@0x000013c=316     :          PIM_0X0110        = 80 00 00 00  |....| = 0x80/128
*0x0000142=322     :          ---- End of values before end of PrintIM section
-0x00001ad=429     :        </PrintIM>
@0x0001a25=6693    :      </IFD 0>
@0x0001a26=6694    :      <IFD 1> 8 entries starting at file offset 0x1a28=6696
@0x0001a28=6696    :        <0x0103=  259> Compression                 [3 =SHORT         1]  = 6 = 'Exif/old JPEG'
@0x0001a34=6708    :        <0x0112=  274> Orientation                 [3 =SHORT         1]  = 6 = '0,0 is right top'
@0x0001a40=6720    :        <0x011a=  282> XResolution                 [5 =RATIONAL      1]  = @0x1a8c=6796
@0x0001a4c=6732    :        <0x011b=  283> YResolution                 [5 =RATIONAL      1]  = @0x1a94=6804
@0x0001a58=6744    :        <0x0128=  296> ResolutionUnit              [3 =SHORT         1]  = 2 = 'pixels per inch'
@0x0001a64=6756    :        <0x0201=  513> JPEGInterchangeFormat       [4 =LONG          1]  = @0x1aa0=6816
@0x0001a70=6768    :        <0x0202=  514> JPEGInterchangeFormatLength [4 =LONG          1]  = 5502
@0x0001a7c=6780    :        <0x0213=  531> YCbCrPositioning            [3 =SHORT         1]  = 2 = 'co-sited'
@0x0001a88=6792    :        **** next IFD offset 0
@0x0001a8c=6796    :        ============= VALUES, IFD 1 ============
@0x0001a8c=6796    :        XResolution                 = 72
@0x0001a94=6804    :        YResolution                 = 72
@0x0001aa0=6816    :        #### Start of JPEG thumbnail data for IFD 1, length 5502 ####
@0x0001aa0=6816    :        <JPEG_SOI>
@0x0001aa2=6818    :          <JPEG_DQT> length 132
@0x0001b28=6952    :          <JPEG_SOF_0> length 17, 8 bits/sample, components=3, width=160, height=120
@0x0001b3b=6971    :          <JPEG_DHT> length 418 table class = 0 table id = 0
@0x0001cdf=7391    :          <JPEG_SOS> length 12  start of JPEG data, 3 components 19200 pixels
@0x000301c=12316   :        <JPEG_EOI> JPEG length 5502
@0x000301d=12317   :        #### End of JPEG thumbnail data for IFD 1, length 5502 ####
@0x000301d=12317   :      </IFD 1>
-0x0006aa1=27297   :    </JPEG_APP1>
@0x0006aa2=27298   :    <JPEG_DQT> length 132
@0x0006b28=27432   :    <JPEG_SOF_0> length 17, 8 bits/sample, components=3, width=2048, height=1536
@0x0006b3b=27451   :    <JPEG_DHT> length 418 table class = 0 table id = 0
@0x0006cdf=27871   :    <JPEG_DRI> length 4
@0x0006ce5=27877   :    <JPEG_SOS> length 12  start of JPEG data, 3 components 3145728 pixels
@0x0168d3d=1477949 :  <JPEG_EOI> JPEG length 1477951
-0x0168d3e=1477950 :  END OF FILE
@000000000=0       :  Start of JPEG baseline DCT compressed primary image [2048x1536] length 1477951
-0x0168d3e=1477950 :    End of JPEG primary image data
@0x0001aa0=6816    :  Start of JPEG baseline DCT compressed reduced-resolution image [160x120] length 5502 (IFD 1)
-0x000301d=12317   :    End of JPEG reduced-resolution image data
Number of images = 2
File Format = JPEG/APP1/TIFF/EXIF # with MakerNote (Panasonic [1])

#304951 - 10/12/2007 17:03 Re: Syncing photos to ipod- Is there a better way? [Re: mlord]
mlord
carpal tunnel

Loc: Canada
Hmmm.. that teensy tiny scroll box is useless, so here's the EXIF data again, without the [code] tag:

File Name = p1070837.jpg
File Type = JPEG
File Size = 1477951
@000000000=0 : <JPEG_SOI>
@0x0000002=2 : <JPEG_APP1> 0xffe1 length 27294, 'Exif'
@0x000000c=12 : TIFF(II=0x4949) magic=0x002a='*\0' ifd offset = 8 (+ 12 = 0x14/20)
@0x0000014=20 : <IFD 0> 11 entries starting at file offset 0x16=22
@0x0000016=22 : <0x010f= 271> Make [2 =ASCII 10] = @0x9e=158
@0x0000022=34 : <0x0110= 272> Model [2 =ASCII 8] = @0xa8=168
@0x000002e=46 : <0x0112= 274> Orientation [3 =SHORT 1] = 6 = '0,0 is right top'
@0x000003a=58 : <0x011a= 282> XResolution [5 =RATIONAL 1] = @0xb0=176
@0x0000046=70 : <0x011b= 283> YResolution [5 =RATIONAL 1] = @0xb8=184
@0x0000052=82 : <0x0128= 296> ResolutionUnit [3 =SHORT 1] = 2 = 'pixels per inch'
@0x000005e=94 : <0x0131= 305> Software [2 =ASCII 10] = @0xc0=192
@0x000006a=106 : <0x0132= 306> DateTime [2 =ASCII 20] = @0xca=202
@0x0000076=118 : <0x0213= 531> YCbCrPositioning [3 =SHORT 1] = 2 = 'co-sited'
@0x0000082=130 : <0x8769=34665> ExifIFDPointer [4 =LONG 1] = @0x1ae=430
@0x000008e=142 : <0xc4a5=50341> PrintIM [7 =UNDEFINED 208] = @0xde=222
@0x000009a=154 : **** next IFD offset 6682(+ 12 = 0x1a26/6694)
@0x000009e=158 : ============= VALUES, IFD 0 ============
@0x000009e=158 : Make = 'Panasonic\0'
@0x00000a8=168 : Model = 'DMC-FX9\0'
@0x00000b0=176 : XResolution = 72
@0x00000b8=184 : YResolution = 72
@0x00000c0=192 : Software = 'Ver.1.0 \0'
@0x00000ca=202 : DateTime = '2007:12:10 08:29:13\0'
@0x00001ae=430 : <EXIF IFD> (in IFD 0) 34 entries starting at file offset 0x1b0=432
@0x00001b0=432 : <0x829a=33434> ExposureTime [5 =RATIONAL 1] = @0x34c=844
@0x00001bc=444 : <0x829d=33437> FNumber [5 =RATIONAL 1] = @0x354=852
@0x00001c8=456 : <0x8822=34850> ExposureProgram [3 =SHORT 1] = 2 = 'Normal'
@0x00001d4=468 : <0x8827=34855> ISOSpeedRatings [3 =SHORT 1] = 100
@0x00001e0=480 : <0x9000=36864> Version [7 =UNDEFINED 4] = '0220'
@0x00001ec=492 : <0x9003=36867> DateTimeOriginal [2 =ASCII 20] = @0x35c=860
@0x00001f8=504 : <0x9004=36868> DateTimeDigitized [2 =ASCII 20] = @0x370=880
@0x0000204=516 : <0x9101=37121> ComponentsConfiguration [7 =UNDEFINED 4] = 1,2,3,0 = 'YCbCr'
@0x0000210=528 : <0x9102=37122> CompressedBitsPerPixel [5 =RATIONAL 1] = @0x384=900
@0x000021c=540 : <0x9204=37380> ExposureBiasValue [10=SRATIONAL 1] = @0x38c=908
@0x0000228=552 : <0x9205=37381> MaxApertureValue [5 =RATIONAL 1] = @0x394=916
@0x0000234=564 : <0x9207=37383> MeteringMode [3 =SHORT 1] = 5 = 'Pattern'
@0x0000240=576 : <0x9208=37384> LightSource [3 =SHORT 1] = 0 = 'unknown'
@0x000024c=588 : <0x9209=37385> Flash [3 =SHORT 1] = 16 = 'no flash - suppressed'
@0x0000258=600 : <0x920a=37386> FocalLength [5 =RATIONAL 1] = @0x39c=924
@0x0000264=612 : <0x927c=37500> MakerNote [7 =UNDEFINED 5724] = @0x3a4=932
@0x0000270=624 : <0xa000=40960> FlashPixVersion [7 =UNDEFINED 4] = '0100'
@0x000027c=636 : <0xa001=40961> ColorSpace [3 =SHORT 1] = 1 = 'sRGB'
@0x0000288=648 : <0xa002=40962> PixelXDimension [4 =LONG 1] = 2048
@0x0000294=660 : <0xa003=40963> PixelYDimension [4 =LONG 1] = 1536
@0x00002a0=672 : <0xa005=40965> Interoperability [4 =LONG 1] = @0x1a08=6664
@0x00002ac=684 : <0xa217=41495> SensingMethod [3 =SHORT 1] = 2 = 'One-chip color area sensor'
@0x00002b8=696 : <0xa300=41728> FileSource [7 =UNDEFINED 1] = 3 = 'DSC'
@0x00002c4=708 : <0xa301=41729> SceneType [7 =UNDEFINED 1] = 1 = 'direct photo'
@0x00002d0=720 : <0xa401=41985> CustomRendered [3 =SHORT 1] = 0 = 'Normal'
@0x00002dc=732 : <0xa402=41986> ExposureMode [3 =SHORT 1] = 0 = 'Auto'
@0x00002e8=744 : <0xa403=41987> WhiteBalance [3 =SHORT 1] = 1 = 'Manual'
@0x00002f4=756 : <0xa404=41988> DigitalZoomRatio [5 =RATIONAL 1] = @0x1a00=6656
@0x0000300=768 : <0xa405=41989> FocalLengthIn35mmFilm [3 =SHORT 1] = 35mm
@0x000030c=780 : <0xa406=41990> SceneCaptureType [3 =SHORT 1] = 0 = 'Standard'
@0x0000318=792 : <0xa407=41991> GainControl [3 =SHORT 1] = 0 = 'None'
@0x0000324=804 : <0xa408=41992> Contrast [3 =SHORT 1] = 0 = 'Normal'
@0x0000330=816 : <0xa409=41993> Saturation [3 =SHORT 1] = 0 = 'Normal'
@0x000033c=828 : <0xa40a=41994> Sharpness [3 =SHORT 1] = 0 = 'Normal'
@0x0000348=840 : **** next IFD offset 0
@0x000034c=844 : ============= VALUES, EXIF IFD ============
@0x000034c=844 : ExposureTime = 0.05 sec
@0x0000354=852 : FNumber = 2.8 APEX = 'f2.6'
@0x000035c=860 : DateTimeOriginal = '2007:12:10 08:29:13\0'
@0x0000370=880 : DateTimeDigitized = '2007:12:10 08:29:13\0'
@0x0000384=900 : CompressedBitsPerPixel = 4
@0x000038c=908 : ExposureBiasValue = 0 APEX
@0x0000394=916 : MaxApertureValue = 3 APEX = 'f2.8'
@0x000039c=924 : FocalLength = 5.8 mm
@0x00003a4=932 : <MakerNote> length 5724, ID scheme, 30 entries starting at offset 0x3b2/946
@0x00003a4=932 : MakerNoteId = 'Panasonic'
@0x00003b2=946 : <0X0001= 1> Quality [ 3=SHORT 1] = 2 = 'Fine'
@0x00003be=958 : <0X0002= 2> TAG_0X0002 [ 7=UNDEFINED 4] = 0,1,0,3
@0x00003ca=970 : <0X0003= 3> WhiteBalance [ 3=SHORT 1] = 5 = 'Manual'
@0x00003d6=982 : <0X0007= 7> FocusMode [ 3=SHORT 1] = 1 = 'Auto'
@0x00003e2=994 : <0X000F= 15> SpotMode [ 1=BYTE 2] = 1,0 = 'Spot'
@0x00003ee=1006 : <0X001A= 26> StabilizerMode [ 3=SHORT 1] = 2 = 'Mode 1'
@0x00003fa=1018 : <0X001C= 28> Macro [ 3=SHORT 1] = 2 = 'Off'
@0x0000406=1030 : <0X001F= 31> PictureMode [ 3=SHORT 1] = 1 = 'undefined'
@0x0000412=1042 : <0X0020= 32> Audio [ 3=SHORT 1] = 2 = 'No'
@0x000041e=1054 : <0X0021= 33> TAG_0X0021 [ 7=UNDEFINED 5314] = @0x51a=1306
@0x000042a=1066 : <0X0022= 34> TAG_0X0022 [ 3=SHORT 1] = 0
@0x0000436=1078 : <0X0023= 35> WhiteBalanceAdjust [ 3=SHORT 1] = 0 = '0'
@0x0000442=1090 : <0X0024= 36> FlashStrength [ 3=SHORT 1] = 0 = '0 EV'
@0x000044e=1102 : <0X0025= 37> TAG_0X0025 [ 7=UNDEFINED 16] = @0x19dc=6620
@0x000045a=1114 : <0X0026= 38> TAG_0X0026 [ 7=UNDEFINED 4] = 48,49,48,52 = '0104'
@0x0000466=1126 : <0X0027= 39> TAG_0X0027 [ 3=SHORT 1] = 0
@0x0000472=1138 : <0X0028= 40> ColorMode [ 3=SHORT 1] = 1 = 'Off'
@0x000047e=1150 : <0X0029= 41> TAG_0X0029 [ 4=LONG 1] = 5809
@0x000048a=1162 : <0X002A= 42> TAG_0X002A [ 3=SHORT 1] = 4
@0x0000496=1174 : <0X002B= 43> TAG_0X002B [ 4=LONG 1] = 1
@0x00004a2=1186 : <0X002C= 44> Contrast [ 3=SHORT 1] = 0 = 'Standard'
@0x00004ae=1198 : <0X002D= 45> NoiseReduction [ 3=SHORT 1] = 0 = 'Standard'
@0x00004ba=1210 : <0X002E= 46> TAG_0X002E [ 3=SHORT 1] = 1
@0x00004c6=1222 : <0X002F= 47> TAG_0X002F [ 3=SHORT 1] = 1
@0x00004d2=1234 : <0X0030= 48> TAG_0X0030 [ 3=SHORT 1] = 6
@0x00004de=1246 : <0X0031= 49> TAG_0X0031 [ 3=SHORT 1] = 2
@0x00004ea=1258 : <0X0032= 50> TAG_0X0032 [ 3=SHORT 1] = 0
@0x00004f6=1270 : <0X0033= 51> TAG_0X0033 [ 2=ASCII 20] = @0x19ec=6636
@0x0000502=1282 : <0X0034= 52> TAG_0X0034 [ 3=SHORT 1] = 1
@0x000050e=1294 : <0X0035= 53> TAG_0X0035 [ 3=SHORT 1] = 1
@0x000051a=1306 : no next IFD offset used
@0x000051a=1306 : ============= VALUES, MakerNote ============
@0x000051a=1306 : TAG_0X0021 : length 5314 # UNDEFINED (not dumped, use -U)
@0x00019dc=6620 : TAG_0X0025 : length 16 # UNDEFINED (not dumped, use -U)
@0x00019ec=6636 : TAG_0X0033 = '9999:99:99 00:00:00\0'
@0x00019ff=6655 : </MakerNote>
@0x0001a08=6664 : <Interoperability SubIFD> 2 entries starting at file offset 0x1a0a=6666
@0x0001a0a=6666 : <0x0001= 1> InteroperabilityIndex [2 =ASCII 4] = 'R98'
@0x0001a16=6678 : <0x0002= 2> InteroperabilityVersion [7 =UNDEFINED 4] = '0100'
@0x0001a22=6690 : **** next IFD offset 0
@0x0001a25=6693 : </Interoperability SubIFD>
@0x0001a00=6656 : DigitalZoomRatio = 0
-0x0001a25=6693 : </EXIF IFD>
@0x00000de=222 : <PrintIM> Version 0250, size 208, 14 entries
@0x00000ee=238 : PIM_0X0001 = 16 00 16 00 |....| = 0x160016/1441814
@0x00000f4=244 : PIM_0X0002 = 00 00 00 00 |....| = 0/0
@0x00000fa=250 : PIM_0X0003 = 64 00 00 00 |d...| = 0x64/100
@0x0000100=256 : PIM_0X0007 = 00 00 00 00 |....| = 0/0
@0x0000106=262 : PIM_0X0008 = 00 00 00 00 |....| = 0/0
@0x000010c=268 : PIM_0X0009 = 00 00 00 00 |....| = 0/0
@0x0000112=274 : PIM_0X000A = 00 00 00 00 |....| = 0/0
@0x0000118=280 : PIM_0X000B = ac 00 00 00 |....| = 0xac/172
@0x000011e=286 : PIM_0X000C = 00 00 00 00 |....| = 0/0
@0x0000124=292 : PIM_0X000D = 00 00 00 00 |....| = 0/0
@0x000012a=298 : PIM_0X000E = c4 00 00 00 |....| = 0xc4/196
@0x0000130=304 : PIM_0X0100 = 05 00 00 00 |....| = 0x5/5
@0x0000136=310 : PIM_0X0101 = 01 00 00 00 |....| = 0x1/1
@0x000013c=316 : PIM_0X0110 = 80 00 00 00 |....| = 0x80/128
*0x0000142=322 : ---- End of values before end of PrintIM section
-0x00001ad=429 : </PrintIM>
@0x0001a25=6693 : </IFD 0>
@0x0001a26=6694 : <IFD 1> 8 entries starting at file offset 0x1a28=6696
@0x0001a28=6696 : <0x0103= 259> Compression [3 =SHORT 1] = 6 = 'Exif/old JPEG'
@0x0001a34=6708 : <0x0112= 274> Orientation [3 =SHORT 1] = 6 = '0,0 is right top'
@0x0001a40=6720 : <0x011a= 282> XResolution [5 =RATIONAL 1] = @0x1a8c=6796
@0x0001a4c=6732 : <0x011b= 283> YResolution [5 =RATIONAL 1] = @0x1a94=6804
@0x0001a58=6744 : <0x0128= 296> ResolutionUnit [3 =SHORT 1] = 2 = 'pixels per inch'
@0x0001a64=6756 : <0x0201= 513> JPEGInterchangeFormat [4 =LONG 1] = @0x1aa0=6816
@0x0001a70=6768 : <0x0202= 514> JPEGInterchangeFormatLength [4 =LONG 1] = 5502
@0x0001a7c=6780 : <0x0213= 531> YCbCrPositioning [3 =SHORT 1] = 2 = 'co-sited'
@0x0001a88=6792 : **** next IFD offset 0
@0x0001a8c=6796 : ============= VALUES, IFD 1 ============
@0x0001a8c=6796 : XResolution = 72
@0x0001a94=6804 : YResolution = 72
@0x0001aa0=6816 : #### Start of JPEG thumbnail data for IFD 1, length 5502 ####
@0x0001aa0=6816 : <JPEG_SOI>
@0x0001aa2=6818 : <JPEG_DQT> length 132
@0x0001b28=6952 : <JPEG_SOF_0> length 17, 8 bits/sample, components=3, width=160, height=120
@0x0001b3b=6971 : <JPEG_DHT> length 418 table class = 0 table id = 0
@0x0001cdf=7391 : <JPEG_SOS> length 12 start of JPEG data, 3 components 19200 pixels
@0x000301c=12316 : <JPEG_EOI> JPEG length 5502
@0x000301d=12317 : #### End of JPEG thumbnail data for IFD 1, length 5502 ####
@0x000301d=12317 : </IFD 1>
-0x0006aa1=27297 : </JPEG_APP1>
@0x0006aa2=27298 : <JPEG_DQT> length 132
@0x0006b28=27432 : <JPEG_SOF_0> length 17, 8 bits/sample, components=3, width=2048, height=1536
@0x0006b3b=27451 : <JPEG_DHT> length 418 table class = 0 table id = 0
@0x0006cdf=27871 : <JPEG_DRI> length 4
@0x0006ce5=27877 : <JPEG_SOS> length 12 start of JPEG data, 3 components 3145728 pixels
@0x0168d3d=1477949 : <JPEG_EOI> JPEG length 1477951
-0x0168d3e=1477950 : END OF FILE
@000000000=0 : Start of JPEG baseline DCT compressed primary image [2048x1536] length 1477951
-0x0168d3e=1477950 : End of JPEG primary image data
@0x0001aa0=6816 : Start of JPEG baseline DCT compressed reduced-resolution image [160x120] length 5502 (IFD 1)
-0x000301d=12317 : End of JPEG reduced-resolution image data
Number of images = 2
File Format = JPEG/APP1/TIFF/EXIF # with MakerNote (Panasonic [1])

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >