Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#3137 - 21/08/1999 16:10 Radio
borgcube
stranger

Loc: Texas, US
What would it take to have the EMPEG auto tune the strongest stations by the touch of a button. This is a great feature as one commutes through different areas that have different radio stations.

What beta version are you seeing the RDS/RBDS software getting into the unit?

Can we also have a way of stepping through the radio frequencies using the EMPEG like you can with the remote?

Kamau Wanguhu
[email protected]

#3138 - 23/08/1999 01:39 Re: Radio [Re: borgcube]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
Autotune is on the features to-do list - the RDS/RBDS software, in a minimal form (station ID & radiotext) is hopefully going to make it into beta6, but if not it will definitely be in beta7.

Manual tuning from the buttons is likely to appear in beta7, in the same way as volume (click&hold of left/right will go into tuning mode).

Hugo

#3139 - 23/08/1999 13:41 Re: Radio [Re: altman]
CHiP
enthusiast

Loc: New Jersey, USA
What about AM? I know many people have asked about that, but why was it not included, and can it be added via software? ( when i show off the unit, i've had a few people ask why no AM, and i have no answer for them.)

-CHiP

#3140 - 23/08/1999 14:06 Re: Radio [Re: CHiP]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Hugo has answered this question before:

-there is too much electrical noise inside the unit to get AM reception (try tuning a radio to AM and holding it next to your computer case)
-AM reception cannot be added by a software upgrade

__
Unit serial number 47 (was 330 in the queue)...

#3141 - 23/08/1999 19:10 Re: Radio [Re: altman]
borgcube
stranger

Manual tuning from the buttons is likely to appear in beta7, in the same way as volume (click&hold of left/right will go into tuning mode).

O.K. about RDS. About the tuning, you might want to attempt to maintain a uniform UI by keeping the click&hold of left/right buttons to increasing volume like it does in EMPEG mode. How about using the up and down to manually tune u and down instead.

Kamau Wanguhu
[email protected]

#3142 - 28/08/1999 17:41 Re: Radio [Re: altman]
borgcube
stranger

Looks like Station ID works in the 5C beta of the Radio. The FM strength is not very helpfull as I do not have a basis to relate to. Is it possible to have a "thermometer" like indication instead that can be toggled off, or that tuns off after a few seconds of going to the station?

What are the chance of getting a donggle for home radio use so that a regular home antena can be used?

What are the chances of getting visualization for the radio?

Kamau Wanguhu
[email protected]