Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#314671 - 04/10/2008 19:49 *MY* Karma
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Well, SWMBO's Karma is alive and well, but now my Karma is in trouble, probably terminal.

It will play for two or three minutes, then it quits with low battery. If I plug it in to charge it, it takes two or three minutes to show full charge and the charging cycle stops automatically. Then I can play it and watch the battery indicator slide down to zero in two or three minutes.

I guess I can continue to use it as a music source via the Karma dock, but as a portable device I think it's done for.

Is it?

tanstaafl.

#314700 - 05/10/2008 20:56 Re: *MY* Karma [Re: tanstaafl.]
Attack
addict

Loc: Florida
Sounds like a dead battery, it can be replaced.. I found this becuase a friend had his karma drive die and battery is starting to bulge. He ordered the battery, a 32GB CF and an IDE-CF adapter linked in this thread. When he gets the battery we are going to fix his Karma.

#314772 - 07/10/2008 15:14 Re: *MY* Karma [Re: Attack]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Quote:
Sounds like a dead battery,

Is it possible for these batteries to recover lost functionality?

After force-charging it in the Karma dock (in the dock it seems to remain "active" and even though the hard drive is spun down the Karma gets quite warm) through several deep-discharge cycles the battery is doing better. Yesterday it played for an hour and the battery meter showed two-thirds charge remaining.

Maybe my Karma will live after all?

tanstaafl.