Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#3267 - 11/10/1999 13:59 EMPEG + NAKAMICHI 45z VOLTAGE PROBLEM
zimmy6996
new poster

Loc: USA
My installation consists of the EMPEG and a NAKAMICHI 45z head unit. I want a normal head unit as well, because I still want the ability to use CD's, and I like to have a quality AM/FM radio. I also like having a real head unit with an easy to use volume control.

In my situation, I am using the NAK unit as my main unit, and I have the EMPEG connected to the NAK via the NAK's AUX input. The problem I am having is this, the NAK AUX input is only a 1v input, and the EMP is a 4v. Therefore, the EMPEG overdrives the NAK and it distorts the music. If I hook up the EMP to the NAK via the 1v RCA's on the back of the EMP which you would normally use to connect to you home stereo system, it works perfect.

So my question is this, is there a way to lower the EMP's outputs from 4v to 1v via either the EMP unit, or something you can put inline with the EMP CAR OUTS in order to lower that voltage from 4v to 1v?

Any ideas?

Chris Zimmerman
Simple Dialup - Owner
[email protected]
Chris Zimmerman - #427
[email protected]
MK.I - 00028
MK.II - 060000051

#3268 - 12/10/1999 17:54 Re: EMPEG + NAKAMICHI 45z VOLTAGE PROBLEM [Re: zimmy6996]
grantr
new poster

Sounds like you could use a line receiver to reduce the signal back to 1v levels. Some car audio setups use "line drivers" to boost signals from amps to around 10V, then use a "line receiver" to take it back down to 1V. I don't know where you'd get just the receiver, but it's an idea.

Grant
[email protected]