Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#3284 - 19/10/1999 18:43 Equaliser
duranike
journeyman

Just wondering what some people have used and/or might suggest for a setting of the empeg equaliser. I would like to know a good setting for rock, rap/r@b, and one that is the best of both worlds. Plus, can or will we be able to have a playlist assiged a certain setting of the equaliser? Thanks
-Jordan

#3285 - 25/10/1999 12:48 Re: Equaliser [Re: duranike]
duranike
journeyman

Hmmm. Has no one used the eq setting yet?!?!? I think you have. So, what setting did you use? :)
-Jordan

#3286 - 12/11/1999 21:51 Re: Equaliser [Re: duranike]
soundman
new poster

Loc: Michigan, USA
Though every car's acoustics will be different (I drive a Pontiac Bonneville), I find that there's a lot of mid-bass emphasis between 150 and 400 Hz - kind of a "thickness" that makes the bass muddy. I tend to leave everything flat in the lower regions, except that I back off on the controls between 180 and 360Hz by about 3 to 4dB. If vocals tend to sound a bit shrill, it might be worth trying a 1 to 2dB cut in the 1KHz to 2KHz region. (You'll be surprised at how much of a difference a couple of dB makes!) I usually leave highs alone, though I sometimes back off 4.5KHz by 1dB and 9KHz by 2dB if the recording tends to be a bit bright.

For me, these subtle changes have made recordings a lot more listenable and enjoyable without "over-engineering" the sound.

Greg