Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#33984 - 06/07/2001 04:22 Multiple playlist handling in emplode
smu
old hand

Loc: Germany (Ruhrgebiet)
Hi.

While reorganizing my music collection on my empeg, I realized that I miss at least one feature in current emplode (1.03):
Modification of properties of multiple selected items at once.
I wanted to set some of my playlists (read: 30, half of my total playlist count) to auto-repeat, auto-shuffle, ignore-as-child. But even though I could select multpile playlists at once (if their common parent playlist was open), selecting properties didnīt let me edit the (common) properties of those playlists, but only those of the first selected playlist. There was no obvious indication of this fact, other than the display of the first items name.
The way the windows explorer handles file properties would fit emplodes handling of playlist properties just right: Change the name of a file/playlist by selecting it and subsequently select "rename" from the context menu or click on the name of the selected file/playlist. Calling up properties of a single file/playlist would let you modify anything but the name, calling up properies of multiple files/playlists would let you modify anything but the names, and only changed fields are updated (to all selected files). This might also be useful for handling of single/multiple songs, e.g. if you want to correct a misspelled artists name or something.
Is this, or something similar implemented or about to be implemented in 1.1 (or however it will be called when its ready?

cu,
sven

cu,
sven
(proud owner of a MkII 12GB blue now green, #080000113)

#33985 - 06/07/2001 05:11 Re: Multiple playlist handling in emplode [Re: smu]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK

__
Unit serial number 47 (was 330 in the queue)...