After 12 years of sitting in a box in my spare bedroom, it's time to sell my Rio Car stuff. I never installed it in any of my cars. I purchased it here on the empegbbs forums from user qbasic309 in January 2003. I then loaded it with some mp3 files and shortly after that, it went back into the box, as I focused on modifying my car for auto-cross club racing instead of audio upgrades.
I just tested the unit last night and this morning by connecting the power supply and hooking it up to a stereo. It still works great! What a flashback! I forgot about all the cool animations and the great display on these things. (I also forgot about some of the awful music I listened to back then!)
Anyways, it's now on Ebay (link) >>> EMPEG RIO CAR mp3 Linux head unit with sled, remote, manual, harnesses, CD, box
Here are the details:
- Model: Mk2A Model: Mk2A
- Hard Drive: 30GB
- Includes: Sled, remote with battery, manual, harnesses, CD, and box
- Serial number on the HEADUNIT: 010101481
- Serial number on the cardboard BOX: 080000522
- Unit has NEVER been installed in a car!
- EXCELLENT condition!
- The ONLY problem I could find was that the WHITE WIRE ("Lights On") has come loose from the harness base, so you would want to tuck that back in if you are using that feature. (SEE PICTURES BELOW!)
Let me know if you have any questions and I'm happy to answer them.
By the way... after playing around with this head unit after all these years, I kind of want to keep it! That won't ever happen though, as I rarely drive (I commute to the office via bike and train) and my wife would think I was insane if I tried to replace her satellite radio in our car which she absolutely loves.
Based on everything included in the auction, the excellent condition of unit, the trackable history of the unit, and price that these have been selling for online, I believe that I have a very reasonable starting price for bidding.