I'l looking to make my power backup situation a little more efficient space wise along with the bit of energy savings from dumping poor quality power transformer bricks. I'm also a little tired of dealing with lead acid batteries common in most UPSes.

The possibility came to mind when I noticed this UPS at a local store. The USB ports on the front are advertised as a place to recharge gadgets, with the lithium ion battery pack being removable for travel use. Has anyone else used one of these types of devices, in combination with USB to Type M barrel plug cables?

I could potentially replace the 4 power bricks in my setup that have the transformer right at the wall plug. Each one of the devices is 5V, and either 1A or 2A. Two of these devices I'd want on backup power. The above UPS doesn't quite match my needs but it has me looking for alternatives that are similar. The AC plugs on the back would be useful to add my router to the battery backup side, as it's transformer is built into the product and already a higher efficiency rating then any of the bricks in my possession.

Kinda see this as part of a slow progression to a more Tesla way of power delivery in the home.