Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#3657 - 31/01/2000 06:22 Amp Remote ON during boot.
Big John

Loc: Hants, UK.
Hi,

I was looking into my Power Off Thump problem, and noticed the odd behaviour of the remote amp line. Let me explain, if the Empeg is placed into sleep mode, and the power to the player removed. When the power is re-applied, the Empeg re-boots and turns ON the remote amp line. It then completes the boot, remembers it should be asleep, then turns off the remote line.

Surly, it should keep the remote line de-activated until it's completed it's boot, then decide if it should then be ON?

A subtle observation I know...

Regards,

----------------------------------
John
[color:yellow]_________________________________________John, (MK1 #114-20G, MK2 #15-36G).</font color=yellow>

#3658 - 01/02/2000 05:07 Re: Amp Remote ON during boot. [Re: Big John]
altman
carpal tunnel

Loc: Palo Alto, CA
The amp goes on & off with the display. The fact that it goes on & off during boot doesn't matter: it doesn't turn the display on until the audio outputs are muted and stable, so there should be no side-effect of this.

In future software releases we may make the display stay in power-off mode if the unit was turned off previously, but it's not a major proiority at the moment.

Hugo