Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#37553 - 30/08/2001 11:59 v2.0 Clock / Bitrate Clarification
Kit
journeyman

Loc: San Diego, CA US
I was wondering if any of the empeg folks could shed some light on what we can expect from the displays in v2.0. (Or perhaps anyone who got a sneak peak at one of the user meets).

My ideal display is one that shows the title/author/source/date along with Date/Time, how far we are into the track, and the bitrate of the current mpeg frame.

I have read from other posts that the clock in v2.0 will only be visible in a dedicated clock visual, and not on the main track display.

If this is the case I will work on a new version of my clock hack to ensure that it doesn't pop up in other visuals as it does now, and work on using /dev/empeg_state to compute the current FID and display the bitrate info of the current track.

-Kit

#37554 - 30/08/2001 12:04 Re: v2.0 Clock / Bitrate Clarification [Re: Kit]
rob
carpal tunnel

Loc: Cambridge UK
In 2.0 the clock is one of the timer modes:

Track Remaining
Track Elapsed
Playlist Remaining
Playlist Elapsed
Total Remaining
Total Elapsed
Clock

These are toggled using the Time (1) button.

Rob

#37555 - 30/08/2001 12:26 Re: v2.0 Clock / Bitrate Clarification [Re: rob]
Kit
journeyman

Cool. I think the only issue that leaves is making sure there is easy access to the system clock for those of use without RDS clock in the tuner view.

Installed my tuner last night and didn't find a single RDS station in San Diego.

-Kit

#37556 - 30/08/2001 16:34 Re: v2.0 Clock / Bitrate Clarification [Re: Kit]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
My ideal display is one that shows the title/author/source/date along with Date/Time, how far we are into the track, and the bitrate of the current mpeg frame.

And just how many pixels do you think we have to play with?

In v2.0, the track info visual displays title/author/source/year. The time or elapsed time is available as a time mode (as Rob says). The bitrate of the current frame is not available anywhere. The average bitrate of the track is available in the extended track info screen (hold down the info button on a Rio remote).

Roger - not necessarily speaking for empeg

#37557 - 30/08/2001 23:22 Re: v2.0 Clock / Bitrate Clarification [Re: Roger]
Kit
journeyman

Heh, that just gave me a nifty idea. There are various VFD and LCD displays that come pre-packaged with a nice serial interface. That could make a perfect combo for use with the serial port while docked in the car.

If you have a double din slot in your car you could have a display #2!

Would eliminate the need for a display overlay driver.

-Kit