Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#37613 - 30/08/2001 12:52 (Seeking) Tips for Tuner Installs??
greggerm
journeyman

Loc: Rhode Island
Anyone have any tips or gotchas when they installed their tuners? Mine should show up on the doorstep today (or else I'll pick it up at fedex today), and I was wondering if it was a simple deal.

Curious,
-Greg

---- - --- - --- - -- -- - - - - - -
greggerm 09000991

#37614 - 30/08/2001 13:28 Re: (Seeking) Tips for Tuner Installs?? [Re: greggerm]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The only hard part is taking apart your dash so you can get to the tuner and antenna plugs behind the docking cage. But that's going to be different for every car. It depends on how the cage is installed.

As far as connecting it up, it's a simple plug-in affair.

#37615 - 30/08/2001 14:00 Re: (Seeking) Tips for Tuner Installs?? [Re: greggerm]
synergy
enthusiast

Anyone have any tips or gotchas when they installed their tuners? Mine should show up on the doorstep today (or else I'll pick it up at fedex today), and I was wondering if it was a simple deal.

On my Acura, it was a 15 minute job, using the cutout in the bottom of the sled.

a> Grab pigtail and antenna connection. Slide Tuner into slot below Sled. Connect pigtail to tuner, connect antenna to tuner.
b> Insert EMPEG and make sure it works.
c> notice that the reception is horrible, and realize that you were an idiot and didn't hookup the power antenna wire.
d> Unplug tuner, remove tuner.
e> Find the original harness, splice the power antenna lead to the additional pigtail Empeg supplies.
f> Repeat Steps a and b.
g> Kick yourself for doing this on your lunch hour in the parking lot on a very warm day.
h> Try to find RDS stations while trying to cool off via the AC.

It really was quite easy in my case, as I had already made sure all of my connections were easily accessible, and had just enough room under the Empeg in my dash.

#37616 - 30/08/2001 14:51 Re: (Seeking) Tips for Tuner Installs?? [Re: synergy]
trevorp

Loc: Ft Lauderdale, FL
As Tony said, it's really very simple once you get the dash apart. In my case, it was 2 minutes to remove the dash, 1 minute to plug in the connecter and antenna wires and boot the empeg to verify all was well, and another 2 minutes to put the dash back together.

-Trevor

-----
Mk 2, Green 12GB 080000349

-----
Mk 2, Green 12GB, Tuner, 2.0b11, 080000349

#37617 - 30/08/2001 21:29 Re: (Seeking) Tips for Tuner Installs?? [Re: greggerm]
jwickis
addict

Loc: India
After failed attempts at trying to reach correct plugs and antenna took apart dash, pulled wire loose, fixed that & enjoyed hearing live broadcasts.

#695- Mk2/Green/Amber/Neon Red/Clear/Smoke-12Gig hasTUNER awaits 2.x & VR

"No buyers regret"