On my way to dinner last night, I got fed up with the selection of mp3's on my system (actually, my organization of them, but anyways)... Right after I had forwarded through several songs, I switched the unit to Tuner.

The HD icon in the corner was in "accessing" mode when I switched. I noticed that it stayed in the corner in the tuner mode in a spinning but not reading state. I think, no problem, it'll spin down shortly. Nope. A couple of minutes later, it's still on.

I've reproduced it a couple of times, although not with the same timeout resulting. At the least it appears that it's not spinning down as quickly as it would in mp3 mode.

It's not a BIG problem... Heck, I don't even know if it's worth looking at, but it did make me wonder if the code for spinning the drives down gets 'short-circuited' when switching sources. There isn't any other reason for having the drive up in tuner mode is there?