Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#4112 - 20/09/1999 19:39 Amp advice
Kount_0
new poster

Loc: Sarasota, FL USA
Hello to all in this community, I've never really been interested in car audio till I heard a friend's system that had a small sub. It got me thinking about just how crappy the stock system on my Honda Accord was. I say was because just as I was starting to save up a little to put into a new system I totaled the car. So now I'm looking for a) a new car ('93-'95 Integra, Prelude, or Celica - anyone have sugestions or one the want to sell?) and b) a system to put in the new car. Since I don't have the car I'm really just in the planning stages, and since i just registered w/ empeg I doubt I'm in danger of having my # come up too soon ;)
So, to get to the point, I would appreciate some advice on amps and speakers. Anything that you guys have and love or hate and/or works well w/ the empeg. Also I'd only want to $US100-200 on the amp, the speakers I'd be more flexible on 'cause they'll probably be further down the road. Thanks for the help and sorry about the rambling.

Kount_0

Remove "nospam" to e-mail me.

#4113 - 21/09/1999 01:35 Re: Amp advice [Re: Kount_0]
Jazzwire
addict

Loc: Guernsey
I've had great success with JVC amps and their Component Speakers. They are also quite good in the price department.. =)

Jazz
(List 112, S/N 00030, 4 gig blue)
Jazz (List 112, Mk2 42 gig #40. Mk1 4 gig #30. Mk3 1.6 16v)

#4114 - 21/09/1999 11:43 Re: Amp advice [Re: Kount_0]
tanstaafl.
carpal tunnel

Loc: Ajijic, Mexico
Far more important than the brand names and prices on your amps and speakers is: How many speakers, what size speakers, how big (watts) the amplifier, vehicle acoustics, and most important of all, speaker location.

I won't go into details here - I've probably done too much of that already in some of my other postings on this board - but you could e-mail me at: [email protected] and I'll share with you the little bit I have learned about car audio in the last couple of years.

tanstaafl.

"There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch"

#4115 - 15/02/2003 06:56 Re: Amp advice [Re: tanstaafl.]
villa
new poster

If you want any advise on fiting an amp or any thing else then you could contact <A HREF="http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk">http://www.sceniccaraudio.co.uk</A> They are really helpful and will answer any of your questions.