Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#44956 - 03/11/2001 19:16 Search by remote speed?
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
In reply to:

One note though - w/ 2.0beta, the search isn't as intuitive because it seems slower.. (button presses don't register as fast on the search screen) - I'm assuming that this is something that's being worked on (2.0 IS beta)

If you're sure about this, report it as a bug.

So this thread originally started in general. I've moved it here.

I've been seeing really bad lags on the search screen between the time that I'm pressing a button and the time that the button press seems to register.
Is anyone else seeing this? How many items are in your playlists? Might be a dead remote battery on my part though - I've been running the same remote battery since I got the empeg almost a year ago, but I could have sworn the problem started when I got 2.0b installed.

-mark

#44957 - 03/11/2001 19:32 Re: Search by remote speed? [Re: dionysus]
jwickis
addict

Loc: India
It's only happened to me a few times. The screen appears locked so I push several buttons then it quickly goes thru all the functions I just pushed on the remote to catch up.

#44958 - 03/11/2001 23:22 Re: Search by remote speed? [Re: dionysus]
robricc
carpal tunnel

Loc: New Jersey, USA
I also posted this issue in this thread. The only thing is I attributed the slowness to the Rio remote vs. the Kenwood one. Maybe it was just a coincidence that I only noticed it when using the Rio remote.

#44959 - 04/11/2001 07:03 Re: Search by remote speed? [Re: robricc]
dionysus
veteran

Loc: San Francisco, CA
In reply to:

I also posted this issue in this thread. The only thing is I attributed the slowness to the Rio remote vs. the Kenwood one. Maybe it was just a coincidence that I only noticed it when using the Rio remote.

I'm using the kenwood remote:(
-mark