Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#45591 - 08/11/2001 11:11 Converting current running order to a playlist
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Now that we have clever features to build up running orders on the player, with the insert/append/replace functionality, it would be great if emplode could take the current running order and turn it into a real playlist...

#45592 - 08/11/2001 11:17 Re: Converting current running order to a playlist [Re: andy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
This would require mounting the disk drives as read-write in the car. Contrary to main design principle.

Although a complex scheme of saving it to the scratch partition and creating on the next synch might work, I don't expect the Empeg guys to implement it any time soon.

Hey wait. How about this...

How about Emlode lets you look at the contents of a saved bookmark and optionally copy that into a playlist... hmmmmmm....

#45593 - 08/11/2001 11:30 Re: Converting current running order to a playlist [Re: tfabris]
andy
carpal tunnel

This would require mounting the disk drives as read-write in the car. Contrary to main design principle.

That's why I said emplode should do the work, not the player.

Although a complex scheme of saving it to the scratch partition and creating on the next synch might work, I don't expect the Empeg guys to implement it any time soon.

The current running order must be saved to the scratch partition already, after all it survives reboots.

How about Emlode lets you look at the contents of a saved bookmark and optionally copy that into a playlist

I don't see how that is materially different to it looking at the scratch partition and extracting the current running order ?

#45594 - 08/11/2001 11:37 Re: Converting current running order to a playlist [Re: andy]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I don't see how that is materially different to it looking at the scratch partition and extracting the current running order ?

It isn't. But it would allow you to create the playlist and then SAVE it on the player at the point you want it saved. Then you would be free to mess around with the player some more instead of not wanting to re-shuffle for fear of losing your work.

I dunno, though. I personally would never have a need to use such a feature. If I'm going to build a complex playlist, I want to be sitting at my desk, not driving. I was just thinking out loud.

#45595 - 08/11/2001 12:15 Re: Converting current running order to a playlist [Re: tfabris]
andy
carpal tunnel

I wasn't intending it for when I was driving...

I was think more of when I am at the office (I don't often have emplode available) or at a friends house.