Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#46019 - 12/11/2001 01:27 Weird Hang
JaBZ
addict

Loc: NZ
Going to work yesterday just as any other normal day, I slid my Empeg into it's sled in the car, I started the car, it proceeded to boot up and begin playing, everything seemed normal, until I tried to turn the volume up with the Sony stalk controller, no response, tried others buttons on the controller no response, hmmm tried all buttons on the Rio remote, no response, tried the facia buttons on the empeg it self, NO RESPONSE! aarrggghhh.....pull out the empeg wait 5 secs, reinsert and evrythings fine :) pheww.....
however still a weird problem, anyone else come accross this?
running Rio Car, wiv 38GB, 2.0 b3 , no kernel mod/hacks....tuner module and sony stalk.

cheers,
Jaidev

#46020 - 12/11/2001 20:17 Re: Weird Hang [Re: JaBZ]
muzza
Pooh-Bah

Loc: Brisbane, Queensland, Australi...
I had something like that yesterday. plugged in & playing fine and I tried to change visuals. It continued to play but the display went blank and didn't respond to anything. I restarted it and a few seconds later, the same thing. tried again an it was OK.

I have mlords mod (v57 or so) so I cant say specifically that it was the player itself.

#46021 - 13/11/2001 04:56 Re: Weird Hang [Re: muzza]
JaBZ
addict

Loc: NZ
hmmm funny, Mine was actually playing fine and the display was up and all, however every single button was dead, as was the buttons on the rio remote and sony stalk controller....

Jaidev

#46022 - 13/11/2001 07:25 Re: Weird Hang [Re: JaBZ]
JimKnopf
new poster

Loc: Germany
I had the same problem (tuner playing fine, all buttons dead). I pulled and reinserted the unit, but it hung at "starting audio". It started up again after it had been pulled for five minutes or so.

Peter