Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#49603 - 11/12/2001 17:50 Emplode: Shut down computer after sync
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Ok, I searched but didn't see a anyone else having requested this.

We currently have the option to power down the player after a sync operation, but I'd like to see an option to shut down Windows after sync.

I don't normally sit there and watch emplode do its sync magic - unless I'm adding one song. This is an operation I will leave for hours, either during the day or during the night. So the option to shut down the PC would be very welcome. If an error is generated during sync, then either don't shut down or log the error and display the next time emplode is started. But if sync goes successfully, perform a Windows shutdown call. This will save me some power, some noise and just generally be safer for the computer while I'm not around.

Bruno

#49604 - 11/12/2001 18:02 Re: Emplode: Shut down computer after sync [Re: hybrid8]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
The only time a sych should take that long is once, when you first get the player and send all your music to it. After that, all synchs of onsie-twosie albums should be very quick. Are all your synchs really taking hours at a time? If so, I would suggest that there's somthing going wrong.

#49605 - 11/12/2001 20:49 Re: Emplode: Shut down computer after sync [Re: tfabris]
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Well, I'm on my second go at putting all my music on. :)

Plus, I suspect my next transfers will be more on the order of 10-15 albums at a time, not 1 or 2.

It's a feature which I think can be very useful at a later time as well when there might be other maintenance tasks which require a long sync operation.

Of course, I'd much rather have another suggestion which I haven't mentioned yet: An elapsed time display on the sync dialog along with processed and remaining file counts. Possibly with a transfer rate display as well. Of course all this stuff can take a back seat to something Roger has already mentioned - some scripting support. :)

Bruno