Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#50375 - 17/12/2001 14:23 Premiere and MPEG
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
Does anyone here use Adobe Premiere? I'm using 6 and if anyone else is too, could you PLEASE tell me how to export a decent MPEG file?

I'll get this whole video edited and produced with transitions and what-not, and when I try to export to "movie" I get really bad quality results! I'm just trying to export to the highest quality MPEG I can so it can be re-encoded for VCD.

Thanks for your help!

#50376 - 17/12/2001 14:29 Re: Premiere and MPEG [Re: Dignan]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
I know nothing about Premiere, but maybe you should use a different output format than MPEG, for example, lossless AVI or something. If you're going to re-encode it anyway, shouldn't the output be in a lossless form?

#50377 - 17/12/2001 16:44 Re: Premiere and MPEG [Re: Dignan]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I'm just trying to export to the highest quality MPEG I can so it can be re-encoded for VCD.

You should be able to export right to the exact VCD format from Premiere. I did this a while back (sorry about not having the exact details), and had to use a plugin encoder. But I was able to do it, skipping an extra encoding session.