Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#50731 - 20/12/2001 10:04 Premiere 6
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
This one goes out to, obviously, any users of Adobe Premiere 6.

Say I've edited a file. I want to save it as a video file. In 6 there are several options, and usually I just choose Windows Media because I like it and I can create good quality files at small sizes. However, I'm trying to make a VCD. This means I'm going to have to choose another format if I'm not going to want to sit around all day while the WMF is converted to MPEG. The problem is I can't find a way to save the timeline to a good quality MEPG. There are options in Export Timline>Movie tosave to the MPEG format, but they all look like crap! My solution was in that same place, I saved as Microsoft DV which produces an AVI file. That's easier to convert, but they're HUGE, especially if working with a 37 minute long file as I am.

Does anyone know the settings to export a normal, lossless MPEG from the Premiere timeline?

#50732 - 21/12/2001 05:24 Re: Premiere 6 [Re: Dignan]
wvloon
journeyman

Loc: Near Arnhem, Netherlands
> lossless MPEG

I don't thinkt this exists. MPEG (and especially MPEG-1 which is used for VCD) is by definition a lossy compression algorithm. I don't know premiere to well but maybe you can improve quality by inserting more key frames ( this will ofcourse produce bigger files). A former customer of mine did some VCD's I'll ask him which settings he's using (although he doesn't use premiere but Ulead Media Studio afaik).
[email protected] ------------------------ Reg:1934/Mk1:158-Blue(sold)/Mk2:380-Amber(sold)/Mk2a:3273-Blue

#50733 - 21/12/2001 08:18 Re: Premiere 6 [Re: wvloon]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
I'm sorry, I knew that. I meant to say an MPEG that is as lossless as possible. I just wasn't sure what to use. I've since ended up with MPEG4 which is pretty darn good, although I get severe artifacts in still image video no matter what settings and quality I use.