Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#51056 - 23/12/2001 12:33 Trillian & Multiple Users
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
How the f*ck do I get Trillian to deal correctly with multiple users? I know that there's the profiles preferences, but you can only get one to automatically log on, and it doesn't seem to change depending on who I'm logged on as. Aarrgh! Even the idiots at AIM got this right!

#51057 - 23/12/2001 12:37 Re: Trillian & Multiple Users [Re: wfaulk]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA

#51058 - 23/12/2001 12:40 Re: Trillian & Multiple Users [Re: tfabris]
wfaulk
carpal tunnel

Loc: Raleigh, NC US
To be honest, no. But I saw that the majority of questions there had no responses and thought that this might be a better place, as we seem to be more helpful than that and, apparently, many of us use Trillian.

Edit: I actually managed to find it in their FAQ, which is, of course, not linked from the FAQ link at the top of the page. Turns out that there's no way to do it cleanly. Of course. I can install a second copy of the software, though. How nice.

The great part is that I tried to move my profile to my ``Documents and Preferences'' directory, since it's shown as an option by default in the preferences dialog from the software's install directory. This has the effect of getting the software to run through the initial prefs config every time I start the program.

Edited by wfaulk (23/12/2001 12:47)