Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#5149 - 03/09/1999 07:27 1999 Mustangs anyone?
tonyc
carpal tunnel

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I'm around 8000 in the queue but I'd like to start getting some install info in advance. I'd be installing my Empeg in a 99 Mustang (not the Mach 460 unfortunately.) So I've got an average head unit/tape player in one slot and the average CD player in the 2nd slot. So I can keep my head unit and have a tape player, AM Radio, and empeg, or I can keep my CD player, use the Empeg as the head, and lose AM radio and cassette tape. I can live with these conditions I suppose, though I do actually listen to AM a good deal. Would the Empeg interfere with the normal head unit's ability to pick up AM?

Just wondering if anyone's done a Mustang install and what problems they might have encountered. Also, on a more general note, how is the Empeg as a head unit?

#5150 - 03/09/1999 09:05 Re: 1999 Mustangs anyone? [Re: tonyc]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
I think the biggest issue you might find is that the EMPEG can't control a CD changer. If your changer needs signals from the head unit (ie. it doesn't have a remote dedicated to the CD changer), then you're stuck. I'm probably going to keep my head unit so I can have the Empeg and my changer.
Jason

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about being #1225."