Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#51691 - 30/12/2001 16:03 Re: Canon S110 Camera [Re: tfabris]
svferris
addict

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Heh...To each their own.

#51692 - 31/12/2001 08:38 Re: Canon S110 Camera [Re: tfabris]
Dignan
carpal tunnel

Loc: Sterling, VA
go to Staples -> buy Sandisk CF Reader -> hookup to PC

done.

Well, that's my solution. I don't need a browser either. I prefer using Windows to do whatever browsing I'll need. Anyway, I like the card reader. Just plug it in and a new drive letter appears. Easy as that. I don't have to open up some damn browser that won't let me easily save where I want to. now I just drag and drop.

One thing I would like though. When I plug in the reader, I would like it to automatically open the drive. Does anyone know how I would go about telling it to do that? I didn't load any of the software the reader came with, but I'd rather not if it's going to load its own way of pulling the files off.

Anyway, that's my solution, and I like it!

#51693 - 31/12/2001 11:13 Re: Canon S110 Camera [Re: Dignan]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
go to Staples -> buy Sandisk CF Reader -> hookup to PC ->done.

Heh.

When I plug in the reader, I would like it to automatically open the drive.

Hmm. I don't know about this, but when I plug in my camera, it automatically launches ZoomBrowser. I seem to remember finding the registry entry that did this, once. Maybe there's a way to get the same thing to happen with the CF reader by hacking at the registry? Not sure.

#51694 - 31/12/2001 11:21 Re: Canon S110 Camera [Re: tfabris]
Roger
carpal tunnel

Loc: London, UK
Maybe there's a way to get the same thing to happen with the CF reader by hacking at the registry?

Doesn't look like it. All of the documents I can find in MSDN are specifically talking about "still image" operations. This seems to be restricted to cameras and scanners.

#51695 - 02/01/2002 14:08 Re: Canon S110 Camera [Re: tfabris]
synergy
enthusiast

In reply to:

go to Staples -> buy Sandisk CF Reader -> hookup to PC ->done.

Heh.

As somewhat of an aside, Tony... I was wrong. The windows box I used earlier that allowed me to pull the files directly off of it was not w2k.

It was XP... ick. So.... If you want to fall further into the Microsoft trap, XP does do what you want.

I figured that out when I dual booted the other day by accident. I had loaded XP a while back to check the compatibility... and since I don't use windows, I forgot what was on there.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3