Hi everybody. I hope I can get some people to put their heads together and think about this one. I've had the empeg
for about three months now and I've always had a little noise but if I turned to volume up a bit
i didn't notice it. I did notice some crackling and pops when I accellerated i attribute this to the aftermarket ultra
and ignition I got from Jacobs Electronics. So I decided to try and eliminate this and this is what i've done.
I cleaned up the installation running all power wires down the left side of the car to the amp and all rca's and
speaker wire on the right side of the car. I also installed a Jacobs Electronics Accuvolt which completely
eliminated all the noise from the coil. I had some obvious firing pings when I accelerated and now I don't
have anything. I still have a slight alternator whine but I only hear it when the volume is low. The only thing
that I could not at all change was the crackling. Which is really strange because it changes intensity as I
change the volume on the head unit but not as I up the gain on the amp which really puzzles me. What I'm
going to try to fix that is taping the head unit and isolating it from all contact with car metal. Then I will
try running power from the Accuvolt to the head unit hoping that clean power will help. I can't think of
any thing else that could be causing the crackling and I'll let you know If i can get it to stop. If you have
and suggestions please reply.

Tom

Reg_2845 Serial #00173
Reg #2845: Mark 1 #00173, Mark 2 #119, Mark 2a