Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#54802 - 04/01/2002 07:34 riocar.org question
jwtadmin
enthusiast

Loc: Ipswich, MA
Is there a way to see a list of what has been recently added?

Like FAQ's or new photo's in the galery?

#54803 - 05/01/2002 08:35 Re: riocar.org question [Re: jwtadmin]
jwtadmin
enthusiast

Loc: Ipswich, MA
By the lack of responces I am assuming that there is no way to get a list of new material on the riocar.org site.

Oh well

#54804 - 05/01/2002 11:30 Re: riocar.org question [Re: jwtadmin]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
As far as I know, there is not a way to do it automatically. Drakino would be more likely to give an accurate answer.

#54805 - 05/01/2002 18:41 Re: riocar.org question [Re: jwtadmin]
drakino
carpal tunnel

The code I use on the site is more suited for news postings, and the other stuff is just extra. I might look at hacking the FAQ interface to add timestamps, thus allowing a basic "whats new". As far as the photo gallery, I'm not sure what to do there to add this off hand. I might add it as a suggestion to the people who make it and see if they implement it before I do.

My long term project right now for the site is to actually migrate it away from PHPNuke. I'm not too happy with it, and don't want to have a list a mile long of things to do when I upgrade to a newer version. One of the final changes I will be making before the migration is allowing yn0t_ to have access to the same sorting controls tfabris currently has on the FAQ. Most of that work is done, it's just an hour or two of work to migrate it to the Developer Info.

#54806 - 05/01/2002 20:24 Re: riocar.org question [Re: drakino]
drakino
carpal tunnel

I was just in the "FAQ" code for the site to add what yn0t_ needed, and it gave me enough time to determain that a page showing what entries have been added or changed recently should be pretty easy. I'll look into this tomorrow if it's slow at work.

Theres also another project I'd like to get online someday. I'll keep that one a suprise though until I have time to get it close to completion.