Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#55311 - 05/01/2002 12:54 Off to Macworld
hybrid8
carpal tunnel

Loc: Toronto, CANADA
Ok, I'm off. I have to finish (start?) packing and then hop a plane to California.

If anyone wants to pass by to say "hi" at Macworld, I'll be at the ATI booth (it should be big enough to easily find). I'll be working either the station with Xclaim TV USB on a portable and Radeon 7000 or the station with Radeon 8500 technology demos and Maya.

If I'm not there it means I've got a shift off and might be elsewhere answering tech questions or cruising the floor (if it's morning, maybe catching a few extra zzzz's in bed still

Bruno

Now I have to dig up my password to bring with me - I'll definitely pop in here from the machines at the booth.

#55312 - 09/01/2002 12:09 Re: Off to Macworld [Re: hybrid8]
grgcombs
addict

Loc: Dallas, TX
Sunuva[grumble].

How many years was I a Macintosh programmer?? (start hitting the toes) How many times did I get to go to Macworld? (Don't bother)

All the spots were always taken up by marketing and sales weenies. Techies aren't presentable to the public, they say. Programmers don't know how to deal with the masses, they say. It's not all fun and games, they say.

Bull[grumble], I say! I wrote the [grumble] thing, don't you think I know enough to talk about it to a bunch of [grumble grumbling] useless [grumble] people who don't know a [grumble grumble] from their own [grumbles]???

I'M A PEOPLE PERSON DAMMIT! I **KNOW*** HOW TO TALK TO PEOPLE!!!

;-)

g

#55313 - 09/01/2002 12:29 Re: Off to Macworld [Re: grgcombs]
drakino
carpal tunnel

Thats why I like E3 so much. It seems to have a much higher programmer population showing off the products then any other expo like this. You can actually talk details back and forth to them, and can be quite valuable.

I'm just wondering if anyone else is going to take the lot GoD (RIP) always used as a nice distraction from the main show floors.