Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#5942 - 05/09/1999 04:50 unknown: annoying
raphael
stranger

Loc: Austria
Please don't write "unknown: " before the filename as a title, if the MP3 doesn't have ID tags.
"unknown" is a totally useless information, since you can't make it known anyway
(from your player).
Instead, you could convert underscores to blanks and strip the extension.

Could you please shorten the disk-leds-border-release-time a few secs. ;-)

--
Raphael Wegmann
[email protected]

#5943 - 13/09/1999 06:17 Re: unknown: annoying [Re: raphael]
mac
addict

Loc: Cambridge, UK
Please don't write "unknown: " before the filename as a title, if the MP3 doesn't have ID tags.
"unknown" is a totally useless information, since you can't make it known anyway
(from your player).
Instead, you could convert underscores to blanks and strip the extension.

The empeg-car software doesn't use ID3 tags at all. The only time ID3 tags are referred to is when you add files in emplode.

If ID3 tags are unavailable then the title is taken from the filename with .mp3 removed from the end if present. It is the artist that is set to Unknown. In the Options dialog there is a listbox which makes the tune properties dialog appear if there are no ID3 tags. Unfortunately I've just discovered that this has been broken somewhere down the line :-(

Ultimately I'd like to add the cabability to set default values for all fields (and custom ones eventually) so that you have complete control.

Could you please shorten the disk-leds-border-release-time a few secs. ;-)
Not sure what you mean by this. If you mean reduce the time spent spun up then this is being worked on.

--
Mike Crowe
I may not be speaking on behalf of empeg above :-)