I haven't managed to install my player in my car yet, but I have played with it a bit outside the car, and I've noticed a few things (and the lack of a couple of things :) which I'd love to see addressed:

1. In the emplode software, currently there's no way to know if the tracks you've added (before a synchronize) will fit on the player, other than to keep very careful track of file sizes manually. I imagine this is already something that will show up in a future version of emplode, but just figured I'd mention it.

2. Time display on the player: currently, it displays the time elapsed in the track that's playing - however, for variable bit rate tracks, this time is not calculated quite right, and tends to jump backward and forward with the varying bit rates. I don't know if this is a function of the empeg software, or the XAudio engine itself, but it probably ought to be dealt with at some point.

3. Time display on the player (2): I would love to see an option to display not the elapsed time on a track, but rather the time remaining; also, it would be good to be able to display the time remaining in a playlist/time elapsed in a playlist, though with the length of some playlists, this might not be terribly feasible...

4. I don't know if it's been suggested yet, but please, _please_, add support for ID3v2.3 tags to the emplode software...

Thanks for producing a wonderful product; I'm enjoying my Empeg experience immensely so far, and will be enjoying it even more once I manage to install it in my car (1999.5 VW New Jetta)... :)

-Dan Zimmerman

-----
Daniel M. Zimmerman
Caltech Computer Science
[email protected]
Daniel M. Zimmerman Mk.2 #060000058, 36GB Mk.1 #00101, 10GB