Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#6330 - 20/11/1999 04:21 Buttons and remote suggestions
gui

Have not seen this covered yet, but having had my empeg for a week now - and yes I *love* it - there are 2 things that I would like to see improved...

The 4 buttons - Personally I think this is enough buttons to contral the empeg how I use it, but in the dark they are hard to spot. How about illuminating around the edge of the buttons. Not only would this help the fumbling in the dark but would look cool too.

Remote - An asymetric remote layout would help hugely in working out which way round the remote is in the dark. Or maybe even better would be some marks at the front. Feeling the difference between the IR transmitter and the battery release is not easy (for me at any rate - but maybe my fingers are too fat?)

Would never guess that I have only driven in the dark since I got mine!

Phil

#6331 - 20/11/1999 05:19 Re: Buttons and remote suggestions [Re: gui]
andy
carpal tunnel

Loc: Wivenhoe, Essex, UK
Remote - An asymetric remote layout would help hugely in working out which way round the remote is in the dark. Or maybe even better would be some marks at the front. Feeling the difference between the IR transmitter and the battery release is not easy (for me at any rate - but maybe my fingers are too fat?)

I still don't have my empeg fitted in my car (after months of ownership), but when I do I intend to stick two of those plastic/rubber feet on to the under-side of the remote at the front. This will serve two purposes:

-I will be able to find out which way round the remote is in the dark
-when I rest the remote on the transmission tunnel of my MX5/Miata it will point directly at the empeg

__
Unit serial number 47 (was 330 in the queue)...

#6332 - 22/11/1999 08:20 Re: Buttons and remote suggestions [Re: andy]
Dearing
addict

Loc: Florida
I use a little square of soft velcro on the bottom of the back of the remote. I have a matching velcro square in-between the seats of my Vehicross. This makes the remote easy to find and easy to navigate.
Rubber feet are a good idea, if you don't like velcro...

_~= Dearing =~_
"WAY too happy about having #99."