Unoffical empeg BBS

Quick Links: Empeg FAQ | RioCar.Org | Hijack | BigDisk Builder | jEmplode | emphatic
Repairs: Repairs

Topic Options
#63654 - 27/01/2002 13:51 Adapter for steering wheel mounted volume controls
DaveB
new poster

Loc: Torquay, Devon, UK
Does anyone know of a way to install a Sony head unit into a car (a Rover - it's a UK Car) with steering wheel mounted volume controls in such a way that these controls work with the new head unit? I seem to remember seeing an advert for an adapter box a few years ago but I can't seem to find any information now.
Also, where are some good places to stick Dynamat in my 98 BMW E36?
Thanks

#63655 - 27/01/2002 13:54 Re: Adapter for steering wheel mounted volume controls [Re: DaveB]
tfabris
carpal tunnel

Loc: Seattle, WA
Yes. The most common one is from Pacific Accessory corporation ( www.go2pac.com ), called the SWI-X. There are others that do the job more "directly", but this one is more universal.

#63656 - 28/01/2002 04:50 Re: Adapter for steering wheel mounted volume controls [Re: DaveB]
Cas_O
journeyman

Loc: 's-Hertogenbosch; the Netherla...
This should prove easier; these guys are in the UK and provide ready-made solutions for many European cars; there's loads of Rovers too, even if these aren't European but British

These interface directly with Sony so it should all prove to be nice and easy (carefully avoiding the infamous "plug 'n play" words).

Have a look at:

http://www.autoleads.co.uk/product/fitting_kits.asp?action=change&id=30