I've posted this on the grip-users list, but had no luck in solving it (or finding out if others can get this to work).

OK, so I'm using grip 2.98-5, the latest. I'm using it because I want a version that doesn't have a crappy implamentation of the "max .wavs allowed unencoded" thingy. I've tried id3lib 3.8.0p2 (the latest) as well as 3.6.0 and 3.7.3 or something. When I build grip, configure tells me it can't figure out what version of id3lib I have, but does NOT give the warning that says id3v2 disabled (I had that on my other box that does not have id3lib). If I set the version properly in config.h (or if I don't), grip builds fine with no problems, installs fine, but fails to make id3v2 tags. If I check the id3 tag box, it will make an id3v1 tag, if I check both it makes no tag, and if I check only the v2 box it makes both tags (I'm not sure if I'm supposed to check both or just the v2 tag box if I want v2 to happen). Has anyone gotten grip 2.98-5 to work with id3lib to make id3v2 tags work?

thanks!

- reid

just got his empeg monday.. installing it this weekend.. woohoo!